Thread: cWebGrid Bug - pbNewLine breaks normal Grid Editing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default cWebGrid Bug - pbNewLine breaks normal Grid Editing

I am developing an Image catalog in a Web Desktop app using the cWebGrid and some CSS. As you will see from the images below, this requires using piListColSpan and pbNewLine to stack Web Columns on top of each other. I have found that once you use pbNewLine, any cells underneath the first line become non-focusable so they cannot accept entry or trigger events.

In the screen shots attached, there is one cWebColumn which requires entry (Qty To Buy - it's the one populated with a zero and which is at the top right corner of the stack in the first image) and the Image has pbServerOnClick set to True.

Screen Shot 1 is called "WebColumn Works, Image Doesn't" which is pretty self explanatory. In fact, if I enable both the WebColumns on the top line, they both accept input.
    Screen Shot 2 is called "Image Works, cWebColumn Doesn't. In this case the top line from Screen Shot 1 has been moved below the Image so the ServerOnclick Event is triggered OK. However, clicking on the Web Column (shown in the red loop) is fruitless, it won't take the focus.

It seems to be associated with pbNewLine since I have played around with piListColSpan and piListRowSpan and they simply change the layout. If in Screen Shot 1 I don't put pbNewLine in the cWebColumnImage so it sits out to the side, then both it and the cWebColumn work as expected even with piListColSpan in the Image left at 2. See Screen Shot 3 - Both cWebColumn and Image Work.

I guess I can start with a normal Grid layout and move everything around to where I want them via CSS so pbNewLine wouldn't be needed but it really shouldn't break things.

Edit: I am using DF 18.2. Oops, it seems I forgot to login - I'm Ianv.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WebColumn Works Image Doesn't.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	10848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image Works, cWebColumn Doesn't.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	10849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Both cWebColumn and Image Work.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	10850
    Ian

Default Re: cWebGrid Bug - pbNewLine breaks normal Grid Editing

This should be better in 19.0, can you test that?

Default Re: cWebGrid Bug - pbNewLine breaks normal Grid Editing

Hi Harm,
    I've not been using 19.0 yet, too busy. I'll try it next week.

What I have discovered is that Enabled cells can take the focus (and accept entry) after a pbNewLine if you use the Tab key instead of the mouse. Unfortunately, the second tab breaks the layout but this might be a clue to the issue.

Ian
    The most important leg on a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
    Murphy's Law (2)