Hi All,

I would like my CJGrid (DF 18.0, but I think it is not version specific) to have this behaviour:
When user moves out of a line, the line should be "committed" by a user selection of "save line" or "abandon changes".
In other words the pbAutoSave property should be determined by user input instead of its True/False value.

Example #1:
Leaving a new line, where data has been entered -> Show dialog: "Save changes? Yes / No / Cancel
Yes -> save line and continue
No -> Clear & remove the new line and continue
Cancel -> Return to the line

Example #2:
Leaving a new line, where NO data has been entered -> No dialog, just Clear & remove the new line and continue

Example #3:
Leaving an existing line, where data has been entered -> Show dialog: "Save changes? Yes / No / Cancel
Yes -> save line and continue
No -> Restore line data to original content and continue
Cancel -> Return to the line

Example #4:
Leaving an existing line, where NO data has been changed -> No dialogue just continue

Also note that "before save data validation" should come AFTER the above user verification (no sense in validating data changes which will be abandoned anyway)

The advantage is that the user will not need to worry about Function keys to save /clear line content. The grid is in a modalview so the main toolbar is not available.

I have tried hard to set up the grid to work like that, with different values for pbAutoSave etc. but I cannot achieve the above behaviour.
Would appreciate if somebody could guide me to which of the cjgrids many properties and methods could be set to accomplish this.
OR if I am wrong and the a.m. logic is not appropriate for some reason, then I will also settle for that.

Thanks and best regards
Carsten