Thread: Dcm - publish

Default Dcm - publish

HI ALL

I'm building my website in DCM. I have it ready in my personal computer, now:
    1. How to publish it using my own server?
    2. How to publish it using my hosting service?
    3. What do I need for each case?

Where do I find a quia step by step?

Thank you

Default Re: Dcm - publish

In both cases you obviously need DataFlex CM Commercial, if you are planing to use it commercialy.
    On the technical side it'll depend on what you are planing to do with the website.

For 1:
    If you expect a lot of visitors constantly, then you'll need an internet connection with a fixed IP.
    If you don't already have a fixed IP and are ok with a few minutes per IP switch of your internet connection not having the site accessible, you can use services like dyndns. These provide a fixed URL, which you can update yourself, to which IP it should route (they also have an app, that does that update automaticaly and some routers also got options for this).

Next you'll need a domain. These can be purchased from different providers. Just google for "domain provider" and you'll find a ton.
    This domain you can then redirect to either your fixed IP, or to the dyndns provided URL. How exactly that works depends on the provider, but I guess, most will just provide you with a website, from where you can manage that.

The last steps here would be to configure the port-forwarding in your router to the server itself in your network, that is going to host the DataFlex Content Manager.
    How exactly that works also depends on the router. But usually there should be a web interface in which you can configure, to forward incoming port x (http:80/https:443) to computer/ipXXX.XXX.XXX port x.

And last, you'll have to open the ports (those which you choose to use, so port 80 or 443 or even both) in the firewall of the server thats hosting the DataFlex Content Manager.

For 2:
    Here you'll need to get a hosted server with windows and access to the os itself via remote desktop or something like that (virtual server/root server), since you'll need to install DataFlex Content Manager.
    Usually these kind of servers already have a fixed IP, so thats out of the way.

Next you'll need a domain. This point is the same as in "for 1".

A router config isn't available/neccessary with a hosted solution. So all thats left is to open the ports in the firewall as in "for 1"

Please watch the following tutorial:

DataFlex - Deploying a DataFlex Contentmanager website

thanks for your help

Edgar