Quote Originally Posted by JimNC9 View Post
Sorry the title should be 3.1 to 3.2 conversion.

Same error in 3.1. I think you are correct.

I'll check for extras after lunch.

Thanks MM
If your app is already compiled and runs under DF31C, all you need to do is use DFRunCon.exe instead of DFRun.exe DFRunCon is a 32 bit executable and will run fine on 64 bit versions of Windows, including Win10. DFRun on the other hand uses the DOS extender DOS4G.exe which is a 16 bit DOS executable that will generate "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" errors if you try to run it on a 64 bit version of Windows.

If your development machine is 64 bit, you will also encounter errors trying to use DFComp, DFFile, and DFSort. The DFSort issue can be overcome by issuing the following command, which uses DFRunCon with DFAdmin so it is all 32 bit.

This will reindex all the files in your file list:
dfruncon dfadmin -s -a

You can also overcome the DFSort.exe issue by using the "sort" command in your own DF31 application.

The company I retired from last year still sells a 100% character mode app that runs all in DF31C Console Mode on any version of Windows. We kept our development machines on 32 bit versions of Windows, so we didn't have any problem with the few executables like DFComp.exe and DFFile.exe, which our customers didn't have anyway.