Thread: Report to PDF being generated, but not opened in browser

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Report to PDF being generated, but not opened in browser

Checked Security. I did have to open a ticket but had to choose locations and select the server. Everybody has access to the download folder as well as the cache folder. More right than I have to give at other sites. At this point, still trying to figure if security had anything to do with it. It does not. This is a cloud setup off site.
    The problem is getting status 500 when running reports. The pdf is created but the workstation gets the status 500. So then I ran it on the server, ah hah! different error. It says "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator. If you are the system administrator, click here to find out more. So when I click the link, I am given this page
    https://www.iis.net/learn/applicatio...is-7-and-iis-8
    if you follow instructions, it says turn on the role in server manager ASP and make sure ISAPI Extensions is on, that's part of the installation of DF so they are already installed. One of the interesting things was this
    https://www.iis.net/learn/applicatio...dows-vista-rtm
    Is this something we use?
    This is 2012 Server. Mertech drivers and SQL 2012. The report writer works fine and runs reports, the pdf is created just fine, the download path, the security, everything is right, but there is some setting and role that is not installed. Everything on this site is just fine except for running reports.

I could use really use some help on this one. Thank you.
    Last edited by salesnav; 28-Mar-2017 at 04:44 PM.