Thread: Embedded View Only

Default Embedded View Only

If a mobile app is used by embedding a view only I assume that the breadcrumb is not visible.

This is the sitation I want as I want to control the navigation without the user having access to the breadcrumb.

Hmm as I am writing this I decided to test whether we can turn the breadcrumb off all together

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Default Re: Embedded View Only

Chris

I took the position that embedding a stand-alone view wasn't really meaningful for mobile-style apps, because they are rather less stand-alone "things" than views in desktop style apps, so have not concentrated on it much. Let us know how you get on.

Just ask if you need any help.

Mike

I wonder why you would even develop a single view as a mobile view? Why not just do it as desktop and still make it responsive?
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

Hmm I tried desktop as responsive earlier on and had issues.
    Is it supported?
    l

I dontt follow what you mean.

Cannot a view in a mobile app fire off a chain of views.

Are you saying that is not meaningful?

The wordpress site is a responsive site so the views need to be also, correct.
    But Chuck seems to suggest make it a deskup style app with responsiveness..
    I had isues with trying to get that to all work a while back when doing some R and D

Responsive works the same in desktop as mobile. The mobile framework uses the breadcrumb drill-down method of navigation which is the difference.

For example the DISD registration view was a desktop view that was embedded in WP and responsive.
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

Displaying a single view of a drill-down (note that I say drill-down, not touch / responsive) within a page is not really supported. Views within the drill-down model don’t really work alone, they expect to be navigated to in certain manner and expect to be able to navigate (drill-down) to other views. If you display a single view within a page the framework sending Show or NavigateForward to another view from an event of that view won’t work. The framework doesn’t know where to render that specific view if the current view is rendered using the displayView JavaScript call.

So the idea behind displayView is that you display that view at that place in the DOM and that view stays there. It doesn’t expect any kind of navigation to be done. You can open dialogs (like a desktop-style view opens lookups) as those are always floating on top of the page. WebSetResponsive should work as expected (like it also does in a desktop-style app).

All sorted. I am going for embedding a complete mobile app.

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Makes sense to me.