Thread: Database Builder - Load DEF - MSSQLDRV - DateTime(DTM) is suddenly Date(DAT)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Database Builder - Load DEF - MSSQLDRV - DateTime(DTM) is suddenly Date(DAT)

Hey there,

I use SQL Server 2014 as a database and wanted to use the "datetime" (DataFlex Type: DateTime) column type.
    My program works fine with the datetime-columns.
    Problem: When I output the DEF-File of the table and load it into a different database (same type), the column will not be of type datetime anymore. The studio will say it is datetime (DataFlex Type: Date) but the Database Builder (which I use to output & load the DEFs) will only show Type: Date. I can manually set this again to DateTime and it works but I would need to do this every time I want to load a DEF with a DateTime-column.

Is this a bug in the Database Builder, is the DataFlex Type: DateTime not supported yet, or do I have to do anything differently?

Thank you very much in advance.

Scenario to reproduce and more information:
    We are using DF18.1 still but I tried this with DF18.2, too.
    We are using SQL Server 2014
    I have a workspace and project and create a table (MSSQLDRV).
    -> See attached image (table1.png)

The table has a column with Type: datetime (Size: 26, DataFlex Type: DateTime)

I then output the DEF-File of my new table via the Database Builder.
    I save this DEF-File for later.
    -> See attached file (values1.def)

Now I create another workspace with another project and another SQL Server Database.
    I copy the DEF-File into the DDSrc-Folder of my second project.
    I again start the Database Builder and this time load the DEF-File to create a new table in the other database.
    I save the imported table and change to normal mode.
    I then output the DEF-File of the second new table (the one I just imported by DEF) via the Database Builder.
    -> See attached file (values2.def)

The DEF-files do not match.

My TYPE:DTM column (UPDATE) is now a TYPE:DAT column.
    If I open my Studio and my second workspace, it still shows Type: datetime but now DataFlex Type: Date.
    -> See attached image (table2.png)

I have to change this manually each time I load a DEF-File with a DTM-column.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table1.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	10317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table2.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	10318  
    Attached Files Attached Files