Thread: read a parameter from url of wordpress and use it within the Dataflex application

Default read a parameter from url of wordpress and use it within the Dataflex application

Hello
    I would like to know if using the dataflex plug in it is possible to do something like follow:

open the wordpress page in this way (located in some Linux server)

http://www.mywordpressesitelinux.com...aram=something

where in mypage.html there is some contents and also the tag[df4wp-webapp apppath="//mydataflexapp.com/Myappdataflex"]

Can
    Myappdataflex read the param using Get UrlParameter "param" to somemyvar ?

regards
    Franco

Default Re: read a parameter from url of wordpress and use it within the Dataflex application

If you webpublish a property in your web app you can set the property with the shortcode. In fact you can set and pass any of the existing web app properties in the short code, like piHeight etc.
    Chuck Atkinson

"No matter how confounding the case, Bob Worsley always finds the quaesitum."

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Default Re: read a parameter from url of wordpress and use it within the Dataflex application

Franco

No, I am afraid not, because the param is received by the WordPress page, not the WebApp.

I think it might be possible to modify the plugin to capture the query string (or the things passed on it) and pass them on to the WebApp, but it doesn't do that ATM.

Mike

Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Franco

In fact, if you feel brave and are not afraid of a little PHP, you could possibly do that sort of thing yourself. If you are interested, I will explain further, but if you look at my Berlin EDUC presentation, the beginnings of how you might do it are in there (slides 23-28).

Mike

Hello Mike,
    yes I saw the slide well done, I think to can try to modify the php code to add this features, I know enough the Php code.
    just need only to can load my dataflex app into wordpress linux that still is my main problem to solve

Regards Franco