Thread: It's not too late to fix the cWebTreeView

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default It's not too late to fix the cWebTreeView

Since 2013 there have been a number of issues reported with the cWebTreeView. This post applies to 18.2 http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums...t=cWebTreeView and Sture reported the same problem in May 2015.

I'm now running into the same issue with a cWebTreeView in a WebModalDialog. Clicking on a node returns the data I want and closes the dialog. If the dialog is opened again even after moving around views and despite a Fullrefresh in OnShow, the last item clicked is highlighted. If that item is clicked again, the OnSelect event is not called on the server and a second click is required. The client is clearly responding as shown in the attached images. The first click removes the icon alongside the item but doesn't tell the server. This looks to me like a bug in the .js It is true that if a different node is clicked that will respond immediately, as expected.

While this is not a deal breaker, it is something we are sharing with the user who has to work out that sometimes a double click is necessary. Not really a good look.

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CategoryList1.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	9776   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CategoryLis2.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	9777  
    The most important leg on a three legged stool is the one that's missing.
    Murphy's Law (2)