Hi -

It's not my intention to whine, but to learn. It may not sound that way though...

It seems that I have to set it True for every single grid in my systems now. Ones that work in 17.0, give Record Not Found errors on startup, find of a new record, & seemingly a new phase of the moon. Same thing on new views.

I remember someone saying that it wasn't a good idea to add to my subclass as it's masking a problem. What problem?

Here's an example on a Payments view:

Top of the view is Customer info.

Grid on the left is OrderHeader (constrained to Customer), grid on the right is payments against the order: ARHeader1 & ARDetail1 (alias tables that keep the relates of the Masters but have different constraints). ARDetail1 is related to OrderHeader by OrderNum & to ARHeader1 by an integer PaymentNum.

When the view first opens (& there is no data because a customer has not been chosen yet) - the Payments grid gives the error. There darn well better not be a payment against a blank customer/order!

When I move from an order with a payment to one without, the Payments grid gives the error. Similar to above - this order doesn't have any payments against it.

If I set pbSuppressCacheError to True, no errors, everything links correctly & all saves work. What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? I've fixed other views by trying different servers, etc. but have basically found no rhyme or reason. I've had other developers look at the views & they get stumped too. I'm beginning to think the grids have a timer that says "OK, he's beat his head against the wall for 2 hours now, we can make the error go away"...

Any help appreciated!