Thread: WebOrderMail Demo application

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Beech Hill - a village near Reading in the UK

Default WebOrderMail Demo application

I have just created an Office 365 demo application based on the standard WebOrder sample: WebOrderMail.zip

I have modified it as follows:

• Made Customer.EMail_Address no longer "required" (I just commented-out that line in the DDO)
    • Cleared down all of the customer e-mail addresses (which of course were bogus)
    • Added the Office 365 API library and (which you should map to your own copy - it isn't included - get it here, while you can get the OAuth2 library it uses here)
    • Added the OAuth2 AppHTML subdirectory (it can be found in the Office 365 Component's AppHTML directory)
    • Edited Index.html to use the OAuth2 JavaScript component
    • Added code into the Order web view to allow it to send e-mail via Office 365 Outlook Mail
    • At the bottom of the view, added a checkbox to say whether to send mail on every save (which means every time an order detail line is modified, as well as on explicit saves of the order header)
    • Added a button to explicitly send mail (only works if you have an order up)
    • Added a Yes/No to ask if you want to send mail
    • Added a pop-up dialog to allow input of an e-mail address if the customer for the order doesn't have one (which none of them do after the second step above) with an option to save it to the customer

You will need an Office 365 account in order for it to work.

Mike
    Last edited by Stephen W. Meeley; 25-Sep-2015 at 05:20 AM.