Quote Originally Posted by Mike Peat View Post
  • .... In that case, on certain days of certain months, the date/time an access token was granted could appear to be later than the current date/time, causing a calculation error (I am guessing that this is because the debugger uses US dates, not the local date format)

Mike
That last one...

I've recently cracked an 18-months-old, applies-to-one-person-only bug which was as obscure as that. Turns out 1 user (we think - but we have some furloughed) of the 80-100 always exited from a given function/dialog with <escape> rather than one of the buttons. Turns out that this is the only dialog where I hadn't sat on escape. Turns out that escaping this dialog meant that a couple of entries in the program main data struct went unfilled. Turns out that, in combination with other circumstances, those empty struct members had a knock-on effect in what was written to the main transaction file. And finally turns out that this unusual value in the transaction file blows up a report that is run unsupervised and sends its result direct to a vendor. Oh, and the vendor never mentioned it.

Oh, and this being IT, all those problems had to be solved in reverse order. Except for identifying the cashier, which happened by accident "I don't like the new version".