Thread: cDBCJGrid Auto_Fill_State prevent the initial load of data

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default cDBCJGrid Auto_Fill_State prevent the initial load of data

Hello,

I have a need to suppress the initial load of data into a cDBCJGrid and had expected the property Auto_Fill_State being set to FALSE would be a good candidate to achieve this.

Unfortunately help is missing any explanation of this property for the CDBCJGrid class, though the property does appear in Studio for the class and "Loading cDBCJGrid Data" in the "Developing Windows Applications" of the help does hint at its use.

With pbStaticData set TRUE and Auto_Fill_State set TRUE, the now static cDBCJGrid presents with a loaded set of data, no issue there.

With pbStaticData set TRUE and Auto_Fill_State set FALSE, the cDBCJGrid again presents with a loaded set of data and a newly inserted blank row at the top of the grid.

Not the result I was anticipating.

Am I interpreting the documentation incorrectly, my understanding is that having these properties set to TRUE will prevent the automatic load of data into the grid.

Has anyone used the Auto_Fill_State property in a CDBCJGrid to suppress an initial load of data. Auto_Fill_State is currently FALSE in this project under DataFlex 2014/18.0

Regards
    Danny

The attached workspace has a sample project that can be compiled to show the behaviour
    Attached Files Attached Files