Thread: Running my Webapp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Running my Webapp

I've been working on a new Webapp in the Studio that works nicely there but when I attempted to fire it up with LocalHost it errors out. The URL that I'm trying to run is

but the Event Viewer says it's trying to run FreightTracker171

Application: FreightTracker171Session: N/A
    Session failed to initialize: Fatal error occurred during child process initialization: Login unsuccessful [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM'.
    VDF Error#: 12293 in line: 22583.

MSG_ERROR_REPORT (433) - oWebAppError (4) - at address 5538
    [start] - at address 22583

I'm sure this has to do with my environment rather than something with the product. FreightTracker171 is a valid virtual directory & Webapp on my dev box but Global.asa and all of the .wso's for the new Webapp have FreightTracker181 as the app name and I created it using the Server Administrator so all should work. What am I missing?
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Do or do not. There is no try. — Yoda

Default Re: Running my Webapp

No one has any ideas? Got to be something stupit that I'm doin or have overlooked...
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Is it perhaps running both? Are remnants of the old one still there?

The complete 171 webapp is there but in a completely different workspace where it's always been. 181 is a totally new workspace
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

The error pretty clearly states that it is unable to login into your SQL database. It seems that you are using windows authentication to access te database. When running inside the debugger it runs under your current account, outside the studio it runs under the system account which probably doesn't have the required rights.

I've kind of been ignoring this for the time being since it works in the Studio but in rereading the errors I can see what you're saying, there is an SQL error showing. But the part in the error where it says it can't run FreightTracker171 is a bit misleading.

Having said that I guess I don't understand why logging on with Windows Authentication won't work on my development box where I'm an administrator. It's always work up until this point, has something else changed in WebApp security? I tried changing my SQL connection string to use my sa ID and no difference.

And, the Windows Event Viewer still shows sometimes a FreighTracker171 error, sometimes 181 but in the debugger it all continues to work. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

The solution was to 1. Eliminate the 171 Webapp and 2. Add a valid ID in the DF 18.1 Web Application service - This wasn't required in earlier DF versions so I guess security has been tightened. I don't have any idea why the 171 site was interfering with the new one but it was. Thanks for the suggestion Harm.
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Worsley View Post
    2. Add a valid ID in the DF 18.1 Web Application service - This wasn't required in earlier DF versions so I guess security has been tightened.
    The error was coming from SQL Server authentication, not DataFlex, so it should have been exactly the same in 17.1 and 18.1. We did have a security update in 18.0, but it doesn't sound related to this.

I deleted the 17.1 Webapp so can't check it for sure. Anyway, it's now working
    Bob Worsley
    203-249-2633
    rlworsley at gmail.com