Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install error - 18.1 took out my 18.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Install error - 18.1 took out my 18.0

My 18.0 became unusable after removing and then reinstalling 18.1. I get a com init error.

I then uninstalled 18.0 and did a re-install. I didn't have my reg codes available, so at the end of the install, it got in a loop of two popups telling me my demo was past date. I had to kill the process to get out of the loop. Leaving early, 18.0 did not register with Windows as an app. I can not uninstall 18.0 so I can install with my codes, getting an already installed error.

Windows 8.1

All has been working great until now. Had to try a big download with my new internet provider so picked 18.1 and did a reinstall. Oops

I have registered 18.0 with its program, so it now seems to be working. Except I can not pre-compile the system packages do to rights, even though I'm running as administrator.

I'm not sure how to handle things when I need to delete 18.0 from the computer. I would like to do that now so I can get a clean install.
    Larry Heiges

Default Re: Install error - 18.1 took out my 18.0

Larry,
    If you do a uninstall of DF with another DF installation still on machine you need to run RegisterCodejockControls.bat . That's what I think caused your trouble here.
    Gregg Finney

Thanks. Wish I had known that earlier.

Now I'm stuck with my "forge ahead without knowing" problems.
    Larry Heiges

What registry entries do I need to remove to allow re-install of 18.0? The Wise uninstall did not work, probably because the early exit because of the registration error.

Will any remaining registry entries that are not manually deleted be over-written or will there be dups created?
    Larry Heiges

I was wondering if there is any way to link/integrate/copy these KB articles into a Forum section like there is a separate one for blogs ?

I keep forgetting it's there and I'm sure there are many useful articles that never get found (with a forum search) because they are all alone in a dusty silo
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

Anything is possible, a combined search is something that has been on our wish list for a while.

I cant seem to find it now but im sure there is a detailed post on here ftom SWM about all the bits to look for / remove an install
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

Thanks, got it.

Searched for regedit
    Larry Heiges

Thanks, got it

Searched for regEdit

Got everything working and back to normal, but not a fun way to spend an evening. Its been many years since I've spent that much time in regEdit.
    Larry Heiges

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast