I have a database that I converted from embedded to MS SQL a few years ago using the Mertech Version 10 driver.

So recently I was curious to try accessing it with the DAW driver.

First I took an empty set of data and used the "Convert to SQL" in the Database Builder so that the INT files were created.

BUT I noticed a major difference between the files that had already been converted and these new ones.

First of all, because I sometimes use RECNUM, I have decided to continue with RECNUM support.

The files that were converted several years ago have a RECNUM and it shows as type "BigInt", whereas the ones converted today using the DAW driver show as type "Int"

BUT EVEN MORE TROUBLING is on system files, the DAW conversion does not create the RECNUM column where as the Mertech driver has a RECNUM driver.

The result of this is that when I open my previously converted files using the new filelist.cfg and INT, all of the fields in the system file are read 1 field off.... So when my code reads file.field 2.5 for example, the DAW driver shows the value in file.field 2.4

First of all, I am uncomfortable with the fact that the RECNUM field is gone when I specified that I wanted to continue to use it, but furthermore it makes me wonder how many more columns might be missing.

Any thought/ideas/comments.

TIA

Mike