Hello All,

I’m relatively new to DataFlex and am performing the initial due diligence on a conversion project. I’m hoping all you DataFlex Veterans can help me understand exactly what my options are…thanks in advance!! So we currently run 2.3 programs in a 3.2 runtime. All utilities are 2.3 (DFQUERY, DFINDEX, DFFILE, DFCOMP, etc.). We are moving to 64bit servers, and would rather not use an emulator to run our utilities. I understand that we could use an emulator to run the utilities, and then use DFRUNCON to run the programs in 64bit, but we would rather not go that route if we can avoid it for a variety of reasons. As such, what other options do we have…we’d like to avoid changes to source code and UI to the extent possible? Can we run our programs in VDF (in character mode) without any changes to the UI or source code in a 64-bit environment and still maintain use of the VDF utilities to make modifications to the 2.3 source code and re-compile? Is there any way to accomplish what I’m looking to do, and if not, what are the best non-emulator options?

Thanks