Hi Richard,

See below...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Hogg View Post
1. I started the install on a clean machine (W7 32bit) and ran WebApp Check which reported that IIS was either not installed or not started. I opened IIS Manager and stopped and then started the service, I also tried browsing to localhost and got the IIS7 logo on the page. I checked my IIS setup and found that IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatability wasn't checked. Just putting this in in case anyone reads this in the future.
I'll pass this on to Mark.

2. One thing with the install though was that I only found out to check the above when I read through the dialog after the WebApp Check dialog. Maybe the link that appears on the WebApp Check when it fails could open this dialog up.
We'll improve the interaction as we progress through Alpha.

3. I left the install dialog open, fixed the IIS setup by checking the IIS Metabase checkbox, went back to the install dialog and reran the WebApp Check which then came up green for IIS, clicked next but the IIS not installed configuration dialog still appeared. I had to restart the install for it to not show. Perhaps a property isn't being reset after the initial fail.
Many changes in IIS require a reboot so we err on the side of caution and require the installation to be restarted as well. Don't think we're going to change this.

2. I can see a DataFlexWebAppCheck in Users\AppData\Local\Temp which when I run shows a slightly different screen with a breakup of IIS components showing. Just curious as to why it's different to the one from the install dialog.
There is a different mode when started as part of the installation and when started stand-alone. The stand-alone checks things about the currently running WebApp server (which wouldn't be there at the start of the installation).