Thread: VDF17.0 Training materials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default VDF17.0 Training materials

Where can I go to find corrections to the training materials found in the Help section? In the Creating Data Dictionaries training, section for Creating a View based on cContactsDataDictionary, the step 4 opens a wizard and says to click NEXT. When I open this wizard, there is no NEXT, just OK. This prevents me from finishing steps 6-11 - I find no Entry View Style wizard, or subsequent wizards that this practice calls for. Is there another way to access these wizards?

Default Re: VDF17.0 Training materials

Step 4 states...
    Click on the Create New button on the Studio’s toolbar. Click on the View / Report tab of the Create New... dialog. Double-click the Data Entry View Wizard icon.

When you click on Create New - what tab pages do you see and which one is selected? Try selecting the various tab pages in Create New and you should get various options based on the context of the selected tab. Also, Pressing F1 or the Help button while in the Create New dialog should take you to the help that explains all the tab pages and the options on each of them.
    Best regards,

-SWM-

the tabs I get are Project, View/Report, Dialog/Lookup, Web Object, Web Markup, Class, Other....The training instructions say to select the View/Report then data entry view, which I did. but after that, the instructions differ from what options I actually have available. I tried it again, and still only get the OK / Cancel buttons, no NEXT to continue with the next steps. I'm supposed to create a Simple Form Entry View, but the Entry View Style wizard isn't available. What other ways can I get to the needed wizards?

I think you may have selected the Data Entry View instead of the Data Entry View Wizard - the first is a simple template for when you want to build up your own views from scratch and the second is the Wizard that take you though the various steps and writes the code for you.
    Best regards,

-SWM-

You are absolutely correct, I did not see the difference between the 2 options....so sorry.

Hi,

I just reviewed this Tutorials page and I don't see any differences in the explanations and the actual wizards. Are you using VDF 17.0 for both?

There is no 'Entry View Style wizard', the instruction refer to a page in the wizard by this name, the wizard you need to start is named 'Data Entry View Wizard'. This wizard consists of multiple pages named as the instructions state.

You and Stephen are absolutely correct, I did not see the difference between the 2 options....so sorry.

No problem, this is what the forums are for and what the Tutorials are for.