Thread: Electos 4.4 Beta I Available

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Electos 4.4 Beta I Available

We are pleased to announce the release of Electos version 4.4 Beta I which is build (and relies on) with Visual DataFlex 2012 Beta 3. The first release requires you to have this version installed. Later updates will be available that contain a webappserver installation.

Click here to download the new version

New in this version of Electos is the content management authorization module. The content management authorization module allows the studio administrator user to set rights/permissions on the categories, pages, files, folders, products and product groups in the studio. These permissions will determine which Electos studio users can create/edit/delete these items. These permissions can be assigned to authors at user level or at role level.

To get acquainted with this major new feature you should install the mywebsite example as it contains an implemented example.

Another important change is that studio users are given options to handle SEO files. Users can configure and view the sitemap and robots.txt file to improve the search engine optimization of their website(s).

For all other features and changes open the readme.html document which is part of the installation.

Registration code

After installing Electos 4.4 the product needs to be registered. You can use the 4.x registration code from a previous version, but this needs to be entered in the 4.4 / 17.0 environment. Users that don't have 4.x code need to obtain a new registration code from www.electos.com or via the appropriate channel partners.
    Last edited by Vincent Oorsprong; 14-Jun-2012 at 04:12 AM.