Hi

We have a situation where we submit orders via webservice to a third party warehousing system, the problem is that the warehousing system is incredibly slooooooow, the response can be as quick as a few second (yeah i know that isn't quick) and other times can take minutes. The problem is when the submission is sent the user has to wait for the response to come back, like any bored user they start clicking around in the screen and then windows fades the program with a white overlay and tells the user that the program has stopped responding and it should be shutdown, the reality is it has not stopped responding it is just waiting.

I have tried using PumpMsgQueue (i've also tried ProcessMessages from ProcessMessages.pkg) however all that does is allow the user to continue and in the time the service takes to respond the could have started a new order etc and it completely stuffs up the flow of the program. Also the last event I have control over in my webservice class before the program waits for the response is DoInvokeService, even if I use the processmessages or PumpMsgQueue the program is still left in limbo waiting for the response.

Is there a way of switching off the dumb windows insistance that the program has stopped responding? or does anybody else have any ideas how to tackle this?

TIA,

Nick