Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible for me to write a program that would run alongside the vdf studio.

I am getting very frustrated with the lack of information the compiler gives in situations where i've removed an end_object or end_procedure or i've removed the top section and haven't removed its mate.

At present i am upgrading a large number of systems and removing containers etc off them and i spent hours this afternoon just looking for one end_object i had not removed.

The compiler is not at all helpful because it does not tell you what view is the problem and when it fails on one it gives you hundreds of others that supposidly have an issue but when
you finally find and fix the error the others disappear. Normally the compiler tells me that the error is in the .src file which is never the case.

So what i'm wondering is if it would be possible to write a program that will track the movements of the compiler and tell me where exactly it finds the error.

One specific example this afternoon was i had something like 137 errors but none of them meant anything and the actual error that caused it not to compile was in a view that
was not even listed in the error list. I ended up having to open almost every view in my program to find out which one was the cause of the problem - a very very time consuming
job.

Yes, i do agree the compiler has its good points but in a situation like the above its near useless.

Does anyone have any ideas?