Thread: Disappearing records in cCJDbGrid when browsing in cCjDbGrid

Default Disappearing records in cCJDbGrid when browsing in cCjDbGrid

Hi Daw,

Urgent!!

Very strange things happpen in our application. Records displayed are disappearing when browsing thru the cCJDbGrid. We converted our app from the cDbGrid to the cCJDbgrid. The old version worked like a charm.

Because it is very difficult to explain i've created an AVI-file. We placed the avi on our server. It can be looked at http://www.wesmoll.com/files/Daw/dis...ingrecords.avi

We can't figure out why this happens. We almost stripped everything from the application to the bare minimum and still the records keep disappearing. It seems to be related to the fact that displayed records are multiple alias file placed within dbtabpages but we are not sure.

VDF16.1RC2. We tested it also with 16.0. Same result.

Roel Westhoff
    W4 Software & Consultancy BV
    Maastricht Netherlands

Default Re: Disappearing records in cCJDbGrid when browsing in cCjDbGrid

Roel.

Debug the code. I suspect the RowId member of the dataset for the grid is set to zero. Do you perhaps fill it from a ESQL operation?
    Regards,
    Data Access Worldwide
    Vincent Oorsprong

Default Re: Disappearing records in cCJDbGrid when browsing in cCjDbGrid

Hello Vincent,

Found out where the problem came from.

The behaviour of the cCJDBGrid seen in the avi-file is the result of what i call 'ghost-records' - blanc records or records not completely filled-
    In very complex data-structures sometimes blanc-records are generated - not sure why - (we checked them in the datadictionary)
    The cCJDBGrid is sensible to these records - the same as the dbForm-. The cDbGrid isn't. That's why is was confused.

So if you see records in the cCJDbGrid disappearing and reappearing again - check your data.

Roel