Thread: Problem running Codejock software components under terminal service account

Default Problem running Codejock software components under terminal service account

We are trying to deploy a Windows VDF application within a terminal service environment using both the standard codejock controls which come with VDF 15.1 and some extended suite controls which we bought separately. The extended controls were installed using an administrator account by creating a custom setup with wItem Installer based on the .msm files. However, when a normal user (with non administrator rights) now tries to activate the application we get several "Activex not properly installed errors" referring to one of the extended suite controls. When running the same application as an administrator there are no problems. Does installing the codejock controls within a terminal server environment require special care of some additional actions?
    Kind regards,

Hans van de Laar
    Data Access Europe

Default Re: Problem running Codejock software components under terminal service account

Hans,

I thought when installing anything on WTS you are supposed to use Add/Remove Programs (vs just "running" the install, even as an administrator) because doing so will put you in a special "install" mode (or something like that).
    Best regards,

-SWM-

Default Re: Problem running Codejock software components under terminal service account

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. I'll pass this information to the network guy. I'll keep you posted about the results.
    Kind regards,

Hans van de Laar
    Data Access Europe

Hi Stephen,

According our network administrator he always installs software under WTS the way you described, so my problem stills exists. Any other thoughts I could try?
    Kind regards,

Hans van de Laar
    Data Access Europe

Hans,

Are all the CJ components giving you the same error or just particular ones? Do any of the three we install exhibit the behavior?

We don't do anything special when installing on WTS, we simply have Wise install the three components with the "self register" option checked. That process is the same regardless of the platform.
    Best regards,

-SWM-

Stephen,

Our network guy has lowered TS rights regarding registry security and now the three by DAW provided Codejock components (version 13.4.0) don't give any errors anymore. It is just the calender control (version 13.4.1 from the SIG framework) which still exposes the problem.
    Kind regards,

Hans van de Laar
    Data Access Europe