This is with Alpha 2 - but probably holds for VDF 16.0 as well.

I need to control the peUpdateMode in Procedure_Prompt, but it seems like if it is set to umPromptNonInvoking, Procedure_Prompt is never run through again, thus making it impossible to control it dynamically.

The reason I need this is the following. Consider a normal OrdHea-OrdRow construct with an Invt cDbCJGridPromptList to be selected from for a cDbCJGrid with OrdRow records.

Now, the trick here is that I need to make the cDbCJGridPromptList to behave differently depending on three different modes; namely Normal, Add, Insert.

Normal mode is what the cDbCJGridPromptList always do and Add is merely adding a record to the end of the grid, which doesn't affect the behaviour of the cDbCJGridPromptList either. So no problems here.

The tricky part is when there's a need to insert an Invt record at an exact position.

In the OrdRow DD object there is a function that "moves" down each existing row one notch when in Insert mode (grid index consists of auto generated ID's), to make "room" for the newly inserted record.

I first tried to keep the cDbCJGridPromptList have its normal relate state to true for this as well, but couldn't quite get it working because it seems to interfer to much with the relation stuff in the cDbCJGrid. I therefor tried to dynamically change the peUpdateMode as explained above.

So in short - Once the peUpdateMode has been set to umPromptNonInvoking nor the prompt_callback - or phmPromptUpdateCallback function will ever be called again, thus making it impossible to control this setting dynamically.

Is this by design? Or a buglet?

And is there perhaps a better way of doing what I'm trying to achieve?