Thread: Record not found on RequestSave (WEB)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Record not found on RequestSave (WEB)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Piccioni View Post
    I'm surprised at the lack of specific information, as well, but we don't know if this is a translation issue without finding out more (I doubt that it is). Have you checked the web app and Windows event logs?

The fact that the behavior is different at your development and customer sites is another question. What is the difference? Is the deployed code identical or have you made other changes? Could the difference lie in data?
    Windows event log contains nothing about these events. And strangely nothing in the webapp log eighter, there seems to be dates missing, maybe the log was turned off at the time. I've reseted the log file, it was about 11 MB. I'll check it again next week to see if there is some information in it.
    The deployed code are identical. Maybe data, but I've tried to login to the customers web and tried to do the same thing as they did, without getting the error. It seems it happens randomly.

I'll come back with any info from the log next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Evertjan Dondergoor View Post
    If you look in the webapp log you should see more information. (Like line number).
    Error 25 is just 'record not found', nothing more. you will get this error mostly when some kind of refresh occurs. In this case on the record_save, the buffer will be refreshed and error 25 simply means that refresh failed. The record might have been deleted or the rowid was changed just before the request_save.
    Yes, it happens when a form on the page is submitted, and RequestSave is called. However, I've tried to remove records before saving, and I have tried to change to an rowid (in the hidden input in the HTML) that doesn't exist, but that results in an other error, still 25, but the row (in code) point to Find_By_Recnum and not Request_Save.

UPDATE 2010-03-09:
    No trace of the errors in the new log, I'll check again later this week
    Last edited by fredrik; 9-Mar-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: UPDATE of info