Thread: DDO re-entrant operation attempted

Default DDO re-entrant operation attempted

VDF15.1
    Hi,
    Till the version VDF14.1, as the procedure "request_validate" is not sent in BusinessProcess, I had written in the "creating" procedure of the datadictionary

Procedure creating
    If ...... forward Send creating
    else Send Clear
    End_procedure

In VDF14.1, it ran without any problem.
    In VDF15.1, I receive the error message "DDP re-entrant operation attempted" and nothing is created if the condition is true or not. I am not sure that the condition is sometimes false but I had no problem in older version.

I needed a long time to find the problem because the "creating" occured in a BusinessProcess and I didn't received the "Unhandled Program Error" message. The debugging didn't showed this message or it was not readable. It's only when I made a test directly in the DEO that I received the message and could correct it. Could this error message be shown during the procedures in "BusinessProcess" too ?

Thanks

Jacques

Default Re: DDO re-entrant operation attempted

Hi Jacques,

are you using DD_Debug.dg in your program? This is what typically causes the reentrancy error message to show. Are you saying the error does not show in a BPO even when using DD_Debug.dg?

About the code: while in Creating, Update or Backout, all code should be performed using record buffers and not DDO messages. At this point, all records have been reread and locked.
    Last edited by Dennis Piccioni; 7-Jan-2010 at 11:34 AM.

I'm curious; why should you not forward send Creating?

I would have thought it be good practice to forward all augmentations, unless you have a good reason not to and wish to re-define that method entirely.

You are correct about this. I'll adjust my post.

Hi Dennis,
    As I am migrating a VDF7 application to VDF15.1, I had no DD_Debug.dg in the src at the begin.

But trying to find the problem, I created a test view with VDF15.1 (containing DD_Debug.dg).

In the test view I only have the BusinessObject and a button which put the values of properties of the business object and send "doprocess".
    When I press the button, I didn't receive error message but the program didn't run correctly.

Then, I have deleted the lines "Object oBp_action is a BusinessProcess" and "End_object"
    I have changed the name of the procedure "OnProcess" to "Run_Process".
    In the "onclick" procedure of the button I have written "send Run_Process" instead of "Send doprocess to oBp_action".
    I received the "Unhandled Program Error 98 " telling me that a property was unknown because I had forgotten to create this property in the test view.

This means that the errors occuring in a BusinessProcess aren't trigged by the "Unhandled Program Error" procedure and not showed to the user.

Jacques

Jaques,
    if you set
    Code:
    Set Display_Error_State to True
    in the Businesporcess object, it will show you the errors.

Regards
    Peter

Thank You Peter !
    It helps a lot !

Jacques