PDA

View Full Version : VDFQuery 2.4 beta-1 (VDF 12 only)



Sture Andersen
7-Feb-2007, 03:16 PM
Hello VDFQuery users,

This is an update to the existing VDFQuery 2.4 beta download (from
september). The september version may be found here:

ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/ReadMe24beta.txt
ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/vdfq24beta.zip

The zip file attached to this message should be unzipped in the AppSrc
folder of the VDFQuery library download. Doing so means that you now have
"VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2" on your system.


Since beta-1 these issues have been addressed:

+ Problem with disappearing radio buttons reported by Pepe Guimar„es has
been fixed.

+ Problem with missing label properties in "Object properies" panel has
been fixed. (I still think the Studio package parser should recognize
"#IFDEF IS@WebApp" by default)

+ "Lack of contrast" in Vdfquery selection tab page has been fixed (Wil's
solution)

+ Now a VDFQuery report (in WinPrint2 mode) may be cancelled even when in
a dead sequence (records that are not selected for output) and scanning
progress
is updated as well. This was already so in VPE mode.

This has not been addressed:

- I could not recreate Bob Worsleys "funny busy-box".

- Allan Kim Eriksen had something in the area of "closing VPE documents".
Call me at 40597020 if you see this.

- Anything I may have forgotten.


If you have had problems with beta-1, try this one and let me know the
outcome.

I'll be on an off-line vacation from 10/2 to 20/2 so do not expect answers
from me in the periode.

Rgds
Sture Andersen

Sture Andersen
7-Feb-2007, 03:18 PM
Title should have been

VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2

Bob Worsley
8-Feb-2007, 11:44 AM
I'll try and recreate my "funny busybox" with this version... <lol>
Bob

"Sture Andersen" <sture.aps@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
news:f%23FJWTvSHHA.1352@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
> Hello VDFQuery users,
>
> This is an update to the existing VDFQuery 2.4 beta download (from
> september). The september version may be found here:
>
> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/ReadMe24beta.txt
> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/vdfq24beta.zip
>
> The zip file attached to this message should be unzipped in the AppSrc
> folder of the VDFQuery library download. Doing so means that you now have
> "VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2" on your system.
>
>
> Since beta-1 these issues have been addressed:
>
> + Problem with disappearing radio buttons reported by Pepe Guimar„es has
> been fixed.
>
> + Problem with missing label properties in "Object properies" panel has
> been fixed. (I still think the Studio package parser should recognize
> "#IFDEF IS@WebApp" by default)
>
> + "Lack of contrast" in Vdfquery selection tab page has been fixed (Wil's
> solution)
>
> + Now a VDFQuery report (in WinPrint2 mode) may be cancelled even when in
> a dead sequence (records that are not selected for output) and scanning
> progress
> is updated as well. This was already so in VPE mode.
>
> This has not been addressed:
>
> - I could not recreate Bob Worsleys "funny busy-box".
>
> - Allan Kim Eriksen had something in the area of "closing VPE documents".
> Call me at 40597020 if you see this.
>
> - Anything I may have forgotten.
>
>
> If you have had problems with beta-1, try this one and let me know the
> outcome.
>
> I'll be on an off-line vacation from 10/2 to 20/2 so do not expect answers
> from me in the periode.
>
> Rgds
> Sture Andersen
>
>
>

Jim Albright
20-Apr-2007, 10:40 AM
Sture,

I am getting an error message when attempting to run VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2.
The error message is as follows:

Unable to load DLL. VPEP32.DLL

Technical Details
Error Number: 4356
Instruction Address: 56370

Line 56370 is: Move (VpeLicense(lhDoc,VPE_SERIAL_CODE1,VPE_SERIAL_CODE 2)) to Vpe$ReturnGrb#

I suspect this is for an add on printing program VPE. Please confirm and how should I work around
this?

TIA

Jim
"Sture Andersen" <sture.aps@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
news:f%23FJWTvSHHA.1352@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
> Hello VDFQuery users,
>
> This is an update to the existing VDFQuery 2.4 beta download (from
> september). The september version may be found here:
>
> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/ReadMe24beta.txt
> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/vdfq24beta.zip
>
> The zip file attached to this message should be unzipped in the AppSrc
> folder of the VDFQuery library download. Doing so means that you now have
> "VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2" on your system.
>
>
> Since beta-1 these issues have been addressed:
>
> + Problem with disappearing radio buttons reported by Pepe Guimar„es has
> been fixed.
>
> + Problem with missing label properties in "Object properies" panel has
> been fixed. (I still think the Studio package parser should recognize
> "#IFDEF IS@WebApp" by default)
>
> + "Lack of contrast" in Vdfquery selection tab page has been fixed (Wil's
> solution)
>
> + Now a VDFQuery report (in WinPrint2 mode) may be cancelled even when in
> a dead sequence (records that are not selected for output) and scanning
> progress
> is updated as well. This was already so in VPE mode.
>
> This has not been addressed:
>
> - I could not recreate Bob Worsleys "funny busy-box".
>
> - Allan Kim Eriksen had something in the area of "closing VPE documents".
> Call me at 40597020 if you see this.
>
> - Anything I may have forgotten.
>
>
> If you have had problems with beta-1, try this one and let me know the
> outcome.
>
> I'll be on an off-line vacation from 10/2 to 20/2 so do not expect answers
> from me in the periode.
>
> Rgds
> Sture Andersen
>
>
>

Jim Albright
20-Apr-2007, 10:47 AM
Sture,

Never mind. I found the lines to uncomment and comment out to use Winprint instead.

Jim

"Jim Albright" <jalbright@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
news:h5uCAK2gHHA.1652@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
> Sture,
>
> I am getting an error message when attempting to run VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2.
> The error message is as follows:
>
> Unable to load DLL. VPEP32.DLL
>
> Technical Details
> Error Number: 4356
> Instruction Address: 56370
>
> Line 56370 is: Move (VpeLicense(lhDoc,VPE_SERIAL_CODE1,VPE_SERIAL_CODE 2)) to Vpe$ReturnGrb#
>
> I suspect this is for an add on printing program VPE. Please confirm and how should I work around
> this?
>
> TIA
>
> Jim
> "Sture Andersen" <sture.aps@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message
> news:f%23FJWTvSHHA.1352@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
>> Hello VDFQuery users,
>>
>> This is an update to the existing VDFQuery 2.4 beta download (from
>> september). The september version may be found here:
>>
>> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/ReadMe24beta.txt
>> ftp.dataaccess.com/pub/products/vdf/Software/VDFQuery/vdfq24beta.zip
>>
>> The zip file attached to this message should be unzipped in the AppSrc
>> folder of the VDFQuery library download. Doing so means that you now have
>> "VDFQuery 2.4 beta-2" on your system.
>>
>>
>> Since beta-1 these issues have been addressed:
>>
>> + Problem with disappearing radio buttons reported by Pepe Guimar„es has
>> been fixed.
>>
>> + Problem with missing label properties in "Object properies" panel has
>> been fixed. (I still think the Studio package parser should recognize
>> "#IFDEF IS@WebApp" by default)
>>
>> + "Lack of contrast" in Vdfquery selection tab page has been fixed (Wil's
>> solution)
>>
>> + Now a VDFQuery report (in WinPrint2 mode) may be cancelled even when in
>> a dead sequence (records that are not selected for output) and scanning
>> progress
>> is updated as well. This was already so in VPE mode.
>>
>> This has not been addressed:
>>
>> - I could not recreate Bob Worsleys "funny busy-box".
>>
>> - Allan Kim Eriksen had something in the area of "closing VPE documents".
>> Call me at 40597020 if you see this.
>>
>> - Anything I may have forgotten.
>>
>>
>> If you have had problems with beta-1, try this one and let me know the
>> outcome.
>>
>> I'll be on an off-line vacation from 10/2 to 20/2 so do not expect answers
>> from me in the periode.
>>
>> Rgds
>> Sture Andersen
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>

Bob Worsley
28-Apr-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey Sture, remember my question about the small busybox in the old VDFQuery
when run in VDF12? It's still here in the new one. See the attached, the
little box in the lower center that says "2005 In Hom" in the caption bar
and nothing else... Is this normal? If not, any idea what might be wrong?
Bob

Sture Andersen
30-Apr-2007, 03:17 AM
I have never seen or heard about that before. Is the report running fine or
do you need to respond to it?

-Sture

Bob Worsley
30-Apr-2007, 06:41 AM
Sture Andersen Wrote:

> I have never seen or heard about that before. Is the report running fine or
> do you need to respond to it?
>
> -Sture
>

I think the report runs fine, but I think it's strange to have that thing sitting in the middle of the screen if it doesn't do anything. What is it?
Bob

Sture Andersen
30-Apr-2007, 06:44 AM
I don't know, Bob. Have you tinkered with the sentinel program? Did you
change the font size of your desktop? What does the debugger say it is?

-Sture

Bob Worsley
30-Apr-2007, 07:14 AM
Plain vanilla everything, no tinkering. It's been there since we went to
VDF 12, and since I rarely use VDFQuery, I didn't notice it until a customer
mentioned it. Thought you might have an idea. Guess I'll dig into it a
bit...
Bob

"Sture Andersen" <sture@sture.dk> wrote in message
news:WXkNC0xiHHA.5596@dacmail.dataaccess.com...
>I don't know, Bob. Have you tinkered with the sentinel program? Did you
>change the font size of your desktop? What does the debugger say it is?
>
> -Sture
>

Bob Worsley
2-May-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Sture, the VDFQuery 2.4 beta-1 just bit me kind of badly, you're
including an old copy of vWin32fh.pkg from 2004 that has a broken
vFilePathExists. I just had to remove it from the directory because it blew
up on me. With apps that I've recently uploaded to vdf-guidance I've taken
to eliminating "standard" packages like that just for this reason. Just a
thought...
Bob

Sture Andersen
3-May-2007, 07:09 AM
Hi Bob,

How did it blow up?

-Sture

wila
3-May-2007, 07:53 AM
Sture,

The 2004 package is pretty much obsolete. There have been several fixes,
some small changes and new code. It is bound to clash with the current
package. Actually i did get a complaint about just this, yesterday from
someone else. So Bob is not alone there.

--
Wil

Sture Andersen wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> How did it blow up?
>
> -Sture
>
>

Bob Worsley
3-May-2007, 08:16 AM
Sture Andersen Wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> How did it blow up?
>
> -Sture

It's not that VDFQuery blew up, it's that you're including that old package in VDFQuery insured that it was found before the later one that I was using in my app and a function that you aren't using blew up somewhere else in the app. clear? <g>
Bob

Sture Andersen
5-May-2007, 06:03 AM
Ok, I didn't know there was an updated one. I'll definately use that
instead. Thank you both,

-Sture