PDA

View Full Version : Adjusted size of post list window in Threaded Mode

Dennis Piccioni
27-Feb-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi all,

we have adjusted the size of the post list window in Threaded Mode. This is the window that lists the threaded posts. The default size, using the default font, was only large enough to display the original post and about 6 replies before the user had to scroll down to see more posts. ow that number is about double.

We hope this adjustment will help with the overall usability of our forums.

Andy Roden
27-Feb-2009, 09:39 AM
How about letting the users set this size themselves. Is that an option?

Dennis Piccioni
27-Feb-2009, 09:44 AM
How about letting the users set this size themselves. Is that an option?

Not that I have seen. How do like the increased size?

Garret Mott
27-Feb-2009, 10:21 AM
Not that I have seen. How do like the increased size?

Much more betterer! Thanks

David Martinko
27-Feb-2009, 01:10 PM
What they should have done, is to make it auto-size. It should as small as possible with no white (blue) space, and grow to a maximum size (which would be the limit Dennis just set it to, but this should be a user option). But after that.. the user should be able to drag the container larger or smaller.

So, someone can submit that as a suggestion to vBulletin.

Also, all the posts should be a treeview where we can expand/collapse them. I don't like the "more posts below this" because when I click on it, the screen reloads and I lose my place. Not very friendly.

Dennis Piccioni
27-Feb-2009, 01:18 PM
What they should have done, is to make it auto-size. It should as small as possible with no white (blue) space, and grow to a maximum size (which would be the limit Dennis just set it to, but this should be a user option). But after that.. the user should be able to drag the container larger or smaller.

So, someone can submit that as a suggestion to vBulletin.

Also, all the posts should be a treeview where we can expand/collapse them. I don't like the "more posts below this" because when I click on it, the screen reloads and I lose my place. Not very friendly.

Hi David,

what we've done so far is just the tip of the iceberg. vBulletin is extremely customizable, there are even open source add-ons, etc. available. This is one of the reasons we chose it.

We will definitely continue making adjustments to try to make this the best possible forum experience for all of us (remember, all of us at DAW will be using this all the time, as well).

However, we're going to try to make only incremental changes as we go. At this point, let's see how it goes after all the newsgroup content is moved over and a lot of folks really start using it.