PDA

View Full Version : Libxl and other lesser official DAW libraries need a newsgroup too…

DaveR
25-Oct-2022, 06:02 PM
That’s it, that’s the post…

Stephen W. Meeley
25-Oct-2022, 06:46 PM
Dave,

Not to play devils advocate (:cool:), but is there really a benefit to having multiple newsgroups that have very few threads and messages in them? Perhaps we should just consolidate the couple we have now into one DAW Library group?

Vincent Oorsprong
26-Oct-2022, 02:17 AM
Dave,

If you have specific questions or requests please open a HDE ticket.

DaveR
28-Oct-2022, 08:45 AM
Dave,

Not to play devils advocate (:cool:), but is there really a benefit to having multiple newsgroups that have very few threads and messages in them? Perhaps we should just consolidate the couple we have now into one DAW Library group?

+1

That's even better. My question was prompted by looking for a LibXL post and not recalling where I'd seen it. As you imply, some libraries are pretty much self-explanatory and accumulate very few posts.

Please do it, and please do the housekeeping to assemble everything into there.

DaveR
28-Oct-2022, 08:49 AM
Dave,

If you have specific questions or requests please open a HDE ticket. That's kind of my point. I know my 'specific question' has already been addressed in the newsgroups somewhere, but it was about a newer library that the forum managers didn't see fit to isolate in it's own newsgroup. A general newsgroup for 'lesser' DAW libraries seemed appropos, especially LibXL as it's a paid-for one. Stephen's approach makes sense.

Dennis Piccioni
28-Oct-2022, 09:49 AM
Stephen's approach makes sense.

Now you've done it, we'll never hear the end of that! :p

DaveR
28-Oct-2022, 05:01 PM
Now you've done it, we'll never hear the end of that! :p

30(?) years of Dataflex and the only compliment I recall paying previously was to Fern when he got me from a bar to the airport in record time... 60mph around the airport ring road

Seriously guys and girls I love you all deeply, truly, madly... especially madly...:cool: but I will try and be more generous with my praise in future.

Speaking of which the Mrs wants a long weekend away before Xmas. Will this trigger 20.2? 20.1 patch B? 2023 pre-alpha 1?

Dennis Piccioni
28-Oct-2022, 05:11 PM
:rolleyes: