PDA

View Full Version : Scroll wheel in file selection list

philby
31-May-2022, 02:13 AM
My latest version of the studio is 2019 19.1 Studio Build 19.1.61.159

Years ago in earlier versions I noticed that when entering into the selection list form that allows for searching of a file to open/edit, my mouse scroll wheel did not function.

I was surprised to discover it still did not work in 19.1

Is this an oversight ?

Bob Worsley
31-May-2022, 07:43 AM
I've been complaining about this for the past couple of years and it's supposedly on the list of items to be fixed but apparently it's not important enough to actually get fixed. A PITA to be sure, you would think that it would be so simple to do...

phvwijk
31-May-2022, 09:14 AM
Mouse wheel does work in scolling in the list for me. But just scrolls the list does not give focus to next row in the list. Does not work for the cCJGrid and the db version.

But in the studio when you edit a table it does work, but in the grid used in the dd edit is does not.

So it is possible. Never spend the time on it.

Peter

Dennis Piccioni
31-May-2022, 11:51 AM
Hi Phil (and Bob and Peter),

are you talking about the Quick Open toolbar or another list?

phvwijk
31-May-2022, 01:42 PM
You are right not sure what...

But I am talking about a selecting list in general so take order entry yes you can use the wheel to scroll but the focus stays on the record which was selected. I want to or see the focus change row by row of when wheel scrolling is done a selected row is visible.

Peter

Dennis Piccioni
31-May-2022, 02:13 PM
All of the examples you cite use different classes, which isn't obvious unless you look at the code.

Selection lists, cCJGrid use the Codejock Report Control class. I'm not sure if it's possible to do this in those.

Samuel Pizarro
31-May-2022, 05:39 PM
hum... I understand that you want that.. but that is not windows default behavior .

Go to any windows explorer that has more files than visible area, select a file, and use mouse scrool wheel.
The list scrolls up and down, but the selected file reamins the same.

not saying this is not possible... just emphasizing this is not what most people would expect to happen.

phvwijk
31-May-2022, 06:55 PM
Yes I know it is not standard windows. But it just makes sense in a selection list. The old grid was doing it.
And in windows application like word and excel you are to more searching for something and then click on it. Can be pages further and there is mostly way more information to select but in a SL it the whole row you want. Not one cell.

It can always be something which behavior can be set by the end user. Well that is the way how I would give it to the end-users

Peter

philby
31-May-2022, 06:56 PM
In the Toolbar section of the Studio, you nominate which file you would like to open, typically for editing purposes. When the list of files displays, you cannot scroll it using the mouse scrollwheel. That is my issue.
Sam, you correctly say that in Windows File Explorer, the list of files scrolls. In the Studio, it doesn't.

Samuel Pizarro
31-May-2022, 07:08 PM
Sure.. I can understand it perfectly... a property to control the behaviour would be a nice approach.

Samuel Pizarro
31-May-2022, 07:10 PM
In the Studio, it doesn't.

yep.. that could be fixed for sure!

philby
31-May-2022, 08:10 PM
Sam, why even control it with a property? How about simply making it behave as most of us would expect it to? :cool:

Samuel Pizarro
1-Jun-2022, 08:08 AM
there will always be someone that want the opposite!!!

Dennis Piccioni
1-Jun-2022, 09:13 AM
Hi Phil,

yes, this is the Quick Open toolbar and I've verified this is logged.

Bob Worsley
1-Jun-2022, 09:14 AM
Hi Dennis,
i'm referring to the Quick Open toolbar list

Dennis Piccioni
1-Jun-2022, 09:16 AM
Hi Bob,

thanks, I've verified this is logged.