PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted WepApp Logfile - Prevents app starting

Joseph Mullins
15-Mar-2022, 09:34 AM
Recently we have deployed an internal application on 20.1 RC2 and have seen this issue occur twice. There is no sign of any disk errors or disk corruption either, and the program has run for about a year perfectly on 20.0.

The issue seems to happen with no cause; though the app does restart every 6 hours so it may tie up at that time. Once the issue occurs the app crashes.

The fix has been to delete the log file which it then recreates at startup.

Logging it here incase anyone else has seen this and written it off as a once off? This is logged to the Windows event log as two separate errors.

Failed to initialize application event log: Unable to open C:\SPS\programs\WebApp.log The docfile has been corrupted.

Faulting application name: WebAppServer.exe, version: 20.1.27.0, time stamp: 0x62161b97Faulting module name: WebAppServer.exe, version: 20.1.27.0, time stamp: 0x62161b97
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000037845
Faulting process id: 0x18d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d838789a657e10
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DataFlex 20.1\Bin64\WebAppServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\DataFlex 20.1\Bin64\WebAppServer.exe
Report Id: 6fadd88f-5ec4-493e-adcf-e70f53d79a7d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Mar-2022, 11:41 AM
Joseph,

You say this has happened twice, so if you have the auto-restart set to every 6 hours I doubt that is the cause. If you look at the dates and times for the two failures, is there anything you can intuit about circumstances from when they happened? Are the log files very large (do you have log all access on) or were other things happening with the application at those times?

Joseph Mullins
15-Mar-2022, 12:28 PM
Hey Stephen,

Unfortunately nothing out of the ordinary. The app is rather basic in the sense it's just used for storing shared, auditable, notes between 3 people.

The first time I had just ignored it because I thought it may have happened with a deployment and I overlooked it, but no new updates have been done since that last time. The log files wouldn't be large as the app might be used a dozen times a day; but it does have log all access on.