PDA

View Full Version : DBBldr Load Def Tab key weirdness

DaveR
23-Nov-2021, 06:35 PM
tab sequence is filenumber then OK, instead of the filename and DEF first.

Not sure when that started, as I haven't used it for a while

Dennis Piccioni
24-Nov-2021, 12:11 PM
Hi Dave,

I don't see this here, the tab order seems correct. The Ok button is a default button and thus has a thicker, more visible border, could that be it?

Garret Mott
24-Nov-2021, 12:24 PM
I just tried it on 20 (Win10) & at first fire-up of DBBuilder the tab order is really strange. It then, once I click on the # form, works fine & continues to do so. Reboot, fire it up & get the same strange tab behavior.

Strange = skips file name & def forms, then bounces from button to button & back (OK, Cancel, OK, Help, Cancel, etc.) & takes about 6 or so tab presses to get back to the # form.

DaveR
24-Nov-2021, 01:13 PM
I just tried it on 20 (Win10) & at first fire-up of DBBuilder the tab order is really strange. It then, once I click on the # form, works fine & continues to do so. Reboot, fire it up & get the same strange tab behavior.

Strange = skips file name & def forms, then bounces from button to button & back (OK, Cancel, OK, Help, Cancel, etc.) & takes about 6 or so tab presses to get back to the # form.

We are on the same page then... replicated on home and 2 work machines

DaveR
24-Nov-2021, 01:16 PM
same in 20.1. So a fix should be coming soon.. :cool:

Dennis Piccioni
24-Nov-2021, 01:55 PM
Are you replying to me or yourself? I tested in 20.1 and can't make the strange tab behavior happen.

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Nov-2021, 02:12 PM
I ran this in everything from 19.0 to 20.1 and while it seems like it's jumping to the OK button, it's really going to the combo (press the down key to see) and the rest of the tab rotation is correct. It looks more off in 20.0 because there are no drivers loaded, so the down arrow doesn't do anything (load the ODBC driver and it'll make more sense).

Garret Mott
24-Nov-2021, 03:38 PM
i tried the down arrow for just that reason (I have drivers loaded & they displayed). It only happened to me on a fresh boot, start dbbuilder, open load def. Once I ran through it one time, it worked normally from then on.

19.0 (don't have 19.1 on this machine) worked as one would expect.