PDA

View Full Version : Read only DB attribute is not handled in Studio.

Michael Mullan
19-Sep-2021, 11:00 AM
https://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?67762-Can-we-do-Calculated-(read-only)-Columns-in-MSSQL-yet

It should not be necessary to directly edit the int file to set this attribute, it should be in the DB Column properties panel in the studio, which has a 'READ_ONLY' property, which is True / False, and does something entirely different!

/MM

Vincent Oorsprong
20-Sep-2021, 02:19 AM
Michael,

What do you mean by "does something entirely different!" ?

Reading the documentation the true/false should be a combo with 4 options and I will log this but I don't think you mean that.

Michael Mullan
20-Sep-2021, 03:23 AM
I have no idea what it does, as it does not match the documentation.

phvwijk
20-Sep-2021, 06:11 AM
Have not tried to use calculated fields. But the studio cannot deal with calculated fields. The studio should be able to do that.

be able to work with calculated fields when connecting to a not your own table.
Be able to define calculated fields in your own table, so we need something like DF_FIELD_NATIVE_TYPE has a value of SQL_CALCULATED as field type.
Be able to restructure tables with calculated fields. Key to be able to use it.
Define how a calculated field should be able to be used. So the options in Field_Read_only need to be able to set it

I stayed away from calculated fields. If I need a calculated field I use onPostFind to do a SQL call when it is like a dbForm or use OnSetCalculatedValue to do SQL call in cdbCJGrid

Peter