PDA

View Full Version : Studio Dark Theme - B2 loses changes

Peter Bragg
25-Nov-2020, 09:46 AM
Just a minor point. When using Beta 1 and the new Dark Theme, I'd gone through the process of tweaking some of the colours. But now, having uninstalled Beta 1 and installed Beta 2, it would seem that all those changes are lost, and the studio defaults re-applied (I'm guessing they get written to a registry key that gets removed during the uninstall)

Not a big issue in the grand scheme of things, but it would nice to think the same won't happen come Beta 3, or RC 1, or whatever version follows. Or, if the same thing is going to happen, just a quick 'heads up' so I know not to make the changes again until the official release.

Stephen W. Meeley
25-Nov-2020, 10:10 AM
Peter,

We had to significantly rework how these items were stored and retrieved between B1 and B2 and didn't want to invest in trying to capture the changes. While I can't absolutely guarantee that won't happen before release, the chances are asymptotically approaching zero... :cool:

Samuel Pizarro
4-Dec-2020, 01:01 PM
so, I have changed a lot the default color schema. would not like to loose it.

So, basically you are saying that even if I save the reg-keys under:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Data Access Worldwide\DataFlex Tools\20.0\Studio\Code-Editor

I wont be able to restore it on B2 ?

any other easy way ?

One of the problems with the current color dialog used, is that you can't see the RGB code for a custom color defined..
The color is there, but when you open the color dialog, it does not comes with the color "positioned" (hehehe, like a lookup). If it's not one of the default ugly colors from the preset, you loose the original RGB code of it.. :-(

I have changed several colors to some "custom" values,, and I can't see what they are now. (by looking at the dialog)

DaveR
4-Dec-2020, 02:11 PM
export the reg file and reimport

Samuel Pizarro
4-Dec-2020, 03:08 PM
I did.. it did not worked. Thats why I asked

Stephen W. Meeley
4-Dec-2020, 03:57 PM
Not really. We split things up so that the items that don't relate to colors are in the main branch and the colors for light and dark are in two sub-branches. So about the only way would be to export the keys, trim them down, edit them to have the sub-branch and then import. I've never tried that, so YMMV.