PDA

View Full Version : B1 not installing

Samuel Pizarro
10-Oct-2020, 12:39 PM
I have followed the proper procedure , uninstalling previous version, reboot, and tried to install the new beta 1.

I receive the warning dialog from windows store, "the app you are trying to install is not verified by microsoft .... "

I click "Install anyway" button, but nothing happens.

Can I know the size of the installer to make sure its not corrupted ?

I have downloaded it twice, and got 204 MB (214.859.600 bytes) in both .

If the size is correct.. what's next ?

Regards

Frank Cheng
10-Oct-2020, 01:00 PM
Make sure you "unblock" the installer. See screenshot.

The size is correct.

Frank Cheng

Samuel Pizarro
10-Oct-2020, 04:37 PM
checked that.. not the issue.., not blocked, but thanks.

I've made other app installations and uninstalls successfully , just to see if it was my windows.. but as far as I can tell its working properly..

DAW, any clue ? Any log to look at ?

Did not find anything on windows Event viewer ...

I just do nothing..

Stephen W. Meeley
10-Oct-2020, 08:39 PM
Samuel,

No clue what this could be. It sounds like the size you are seeing is correct (and you said you downloaded twice) plus you've made sure it wasn't blocked. We haven't had anyone report a similar error. Can you try downloading and installing on a different machine?

BTW, is this Windows 10 Home you are installing on? I just saw some reference to Windows 10 Home being in S mode and only allowing applications from the Windows Store to be installed instead of from "anywhere" - don't suppose it's that?

Samuel Pizarro
11-Oct-2020, 08:53 AM
Hi Stephen

Not windows home, it's a windows 10 Pro 1903. I was not sure what was it either..
Something definitely was wrong on my machine... not sure what.. exactly. I noticed that Edge browser was not working, not starting at all as well. and as a dark shot I thought something could be correlated...

I was able to re-install Edge, (after several hours trying... The latest chromium based edge seems pretty hard to deal with, in terms of uninstall and/or reinstalling it )
Anyway, after I got edge working again , the DF Installer worked properly.. Go figure...

I am not sure if the 2 issues are correlated or not... but that was the only thing I noticed and changed , so ...

Regards