PDA

View Full Version : Create Index closes the Studio

Oscar
22-Apr-2020, 10:53 AM
Hi,

This is happening trying to reproduce a problem (I have with the Structure_End in my program) in the Order Entry.

This are the steps to reproduce the problem

1. Convert Order Entry to MS SQL
2. Load the attached DEF file as a file number 1 and the file name as "Company.int"
3. Add a record using dbExplorer with an ID = 1 and Name = "Test"
4. Open the table in the studio and delete the indexes
5. Close the tab and save the changes
6. Re open the table in the studio and recreate the indexes
7. Close the tab and save the changes <-- this closes the studio and never save the new indexes.

Thank you!!!
Oscar

Oscar
22-Apr-2020, 10:58 AM
By the way... the error that I get when trying to do the same using Structure_Start/Structure_End is the below email on the execution of Structure_End

Regards,
Oscar

Martin Moleman
23-Apr-2020, 02:10 AM
I followed your steps, but could not reproduce the issue.

-Can you provide the Create Table script for this table. Make sure to include the indexes.
-Also the <table>.int file
-Can you provide the program code where you do the structure_start/structure_end ?

Stephen W. Meeley
23-Apr-2020, 06:55 AM
Oscar,

I also tried to reproduce this and it worked for me (with both 19.1 and 20 Alpha 1). I'm using MSSQL 2017 (14.0.2027) and Windows 10. The only change I made was to edit your .def to have my managed connection in place instead of the full connection string. I'll try again without the managed connection but don't expect that to make a difference.

Stephen W. Meeley
23-Apr-2020, 08:00 AM
I'm seeing the Studio exit now, but it's not consistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it exits after deleting the indexes and sometime after adding them back. We're looking into it.

Oscar
23-Apr-2020, 10:33 AM
Hi Stephen,

So weird... the first time I tried today it worked. Like you said, it is not consistent.

Regards,
Oscar

Oscar
23-Apr-2020, 10:38 AM
Martin,

As you see on my response to Stephen, today it did work... yesterday I even tried even stripping down the procedure to only contain the Structure_Start and Structure_End with nothing in between and it was still crashing my update software. Today, it went through that. I am having other issues now. I am also using MSSQL 2017 (Developer Edition)

Now on a restructure somehow it is trying to change Date to DateTime... I checked my code and it is assigning DF_DATE (this are existing fields that are already DF_DATE and Date in SQL) I changed the mssqldrv.int to make sure that the the creation is using date for df_date and datetime2 for df_datetime and it is still happening.

Regards,
Oscar

Stephen W. Meeley
23-Apr-2020, 10:39 AM
Really hard to trace down - at one point I had it happen 3 times in a row and then the next 5 times it wouldn't fail... :(

Stephen W. Meeley
14-May-2020, 09:05 AM
Oscar,

We're still looking into this - it's elusive, but not forgotten.

Oscar
14-May-2020, 09:09 AM
Oscar,

We're still looking into this - it's elusive, but not forgotten.

Thank you Stephen!!!