You .....

wila
15-Apr-2020, 11:06 AM
Because someone had to ask :D

Me iPhone 6+

You .....

Me Android.

Gotta have something that is not apple :cool:
Besides that I don't use a phone much, so it is not something I have particular strong feelings about.

-
Wil

starzen
15-Apr-2020, 11:17 AM
both.

need it to develop for both platforms

still have a windows phone here also ;-)

Dennis Piccioni
15-Apr-2020, 11:30 AM
Android phones and tablet (various brands and versions).

Mike Cooper
15-Apr-2020, 11:42 AM
Android.

Garret Mott
15-Apr-2020, 12:06 PM
I guess an iPhone owner needs to respond... Just went from a 5 to an 8.

One thing I have to say about the iPhones is that they just work.

However, iTunes should be spelled iTun, as it's a 4 letter word in my book. The Windows program for it is a great example of how not to design an interface, it hates anything that wasn't bought from Apple, and, and... I could go on but won't...

Stephen W. Meeley
15-Apr-2020, 12:13 PM
iPhone 8

Mike Peat
15-Apr-2020, 12:32 PM
iPhone 11 (iPad Mini, Nexus 7 tablet, MacBook Pro Laptop)

Dennis Piccioni
15-Apr-2020, 01:17 PM
That was my experience with iTunes, as well.

Peter Bragg
15-Apr-2020, 02:36 PM
iPhone 11 (iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini. But the phone is the newest - prior to that had Galaxy S8)

And yes, iTunes drives me mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter van Mil
15-Apr-2020, 03:50 PM
When the iPhone X came out, I considered to buy my first iPhone. But the Samsung Galaxy S8 was half the price and I am very satisfied with it. So it is Android.

Marco
15-Apr-2020, 04:24 PM
iPhone, 3,4,6,8,X
Just works so why change.

chuckatkinson
15-Apr-2020, 04:40 PM
iPhone since 4, now on 7 and staying on it because the size is perfect. Apple however has been sending out more updates than MS which annoys the hell out of me. Also won't maintain a Bluetooth connection to my windows machine for dynamic lock. But that might be a dodgy BlueTooth driver on this machine.

I used to love to be able to send SMS messages from my Mac just like from my phone. Better Windows integration is needed. I know Windows and Android play well together.

Garret Mott
15-Apr-2020, 05:10 PM
iPhone since 4, now on 7 and staying on it because the size is perfect. Apple however has been sending out more updates than MS which annoys the hell out of me. Also won't maintain a Bluetooth connection to my windows machine for dynamic lock. But that might be a dodgy BlueTooth driver on this machine.

I used to love to be able to send SMS messages from my Mac just like from my phone. Better Windows integration is needed. I know Windows and Android play well together.

I wouldn't hold my breath - they want you to buy a Mac (another one in your case).

Bob Worsley
15-Apr-2020, 07:00 PM
iPhone 6S and while it's a bit annoying having to periodically clear various programs out of memory, it does mostly just work. I have an android floating around here for occasional testing but I don't like it as much.

And ditto on Garret's iTun statement, I gave up on that years ago

Richard Hogg
15-Apr-2020, 07:12 PM
So much for the no discussion of religious topics :)

Bob Worsley
15-Apr-2020, 08:28 PM
What, you don't worship your smart phone?

Focus
16-Apr-2020, 03:39 AM
One feature about Windows Phone I did like was the live icon/tile on the home screen

Mike Cooper
16-Apr-2020, 04:53 AM
;)
(another one in your case)

Good one. [jab][jab][jab]

Mike Cooper
16-Apr-2020, 04:54 AM
:)

wila
16-Apr-2020, 05:31 AM
;)

Good one. [jab][jab][jab]

Nothing wrong with that.
I love all of them and would love to have another mac. There's also things on some of them that I don't care for ( touch bar anyone? )
But of course also have windows machines and Linux and xBSD boxes and VMware servers... and don't forget the PS4 ;)

Btw, this was a topic on phones, so didn't mention the iPad's :p either.

Can't really understand why somebody gets defensive about Windows/Mac/Linux/... and thinks that there's only one true way. I just love technology, all have their good and bad ideas.
--
Wil

Garret Mott
16-Apr-2020, 06:36 AM
I certainly wasn't "jabbing" Chuck! Just pointing out that in one area Apple & Microsoft are identical: they want us to buy more of their product.

Dennis Piccioni
16-Apr-2020, 08:51 AM
That is nice! Android has that in the form of widgets.

Mike Cooper
16-Apr-2020, 11:10 AM
Well you obviously don't live in my house!

By the way, I think that it was more PA (Passive Aggressive) than a "jab", but back to my house:

As soon as the iPad or iPhone messes up, I jump all over that, and deliver ... "You have to get a REAL PHONE".

And then when my LG Android phone hiccups I am at the receiving end!

There are lots of jabs just between Linda and I.... and then my two brothers and I cross paths over this all the time. My pilot brother oscillates between iPhone and Android all the time... (seemingly he has a lot of spare time to constantly switch back and forth), while my engineer brother waves the Android flag (like me) but for some reason also has an Apple.

Ian Smith
17-Apr-2020, 03:53 AM
And from the luddite, whatever work made me have. Just looked on the back - iPhone something there is a 5 or S in a box.

Battery down to 5%, guess I’d better feed it.

Dennis Piccioni
17-Apr-2020, 08:37 AM
:p

Bob Worsley
17-Apr-2020, 09:49 AM
Good idea Ian, I just spent 10 minutes trying to find my Galaxy Android phone so I can charge it, been a year or so since I last did it...

DaveR
17-Apr-2020, 11:20 AM
iPhones, and that's what I prescribe in the office except for the few staff who regularly lose them, who get real cheapo Androids, and the boss of bosses who has both. iPhone XR in my case, and an 11 standing by.

I've also got a nice Samsung bought at a BestBuy when I needed a phone quickly and cheaply. It doesn't get used as a phone often, except if we are travelling it makes a very serviceable Mifi device.

Dennis Piccioni
17-Apr-2020, 02:12 PM
As Vincent mentioned in another post, my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge just got it's last official patch from Samsung, so I'll probably need to look for a new phone sooner or later (I hope I can put it off another year).

I bought this phone 4 years ago, or rather, it was the replacement for the exploding phone, the Note 7, remember that? ;-). I actually got that phone a day before flying to Italy for vacation and only found out about that issue when there. Fun times!

We had far fewer choices in the US (Europe already had far more) than we do now. This phone was just as expensive as an iPhone, but my next one will definitely be a more affordable model.

wila
17-Apr-2020, 06:02 PM
Dennis,

You could flash LineageOS on it and extend its life by a few years.
I did that here for an Asus tablet that I have which was no longer receiving updates and have to say that I am very happy with the result.

--
Wil

Dennis Piccioni
17-Apr-2020, 08:55 PM
Nice!

chuckatkinson
19-Apr-2020, 09:32 AM
Just saw the specs for the new iPhone SE. It's is almost identical to my iPhone 7, size, screen, camera etc. They just put in a new processor, A13 instead of the A11 I have. The A13 must weigh more because the SE is heavier :D I'm gonna hang on to this 7 for awhile.

Michael Mullan
19-Apr-2020, 09:39 AM
yeah, I made a backup of my iPhone using that sorry excuse of a program, and when I went to restore the backup to a new phone after the old own jumped off the boat, it didn't restore a single tune of my music. I'm still salty about that.

/MM