PDA

View Full Version : Some DF2020 library previews

wila
20-Nov-2019, 10:37 AM
Hi,

As part of The Hammer 4.0 DataFlex 20 compatibility project I have upgraded two of the libraries it depends on.
Those libraries are now available as a preview for testing purposes only.
I'm talking about the following libraries:

vWin32fh
cFileSystem

Note that while I probably don't change the vWin32fh much code wise I'm not happy with the "split over multiple files" experiment that I tried out, so expect those to merge back into 2 files.

Both libraries should work in DataFlex 20.0 as well as DataFlex 19.1 (perhaps even DataFlex 19.0)

I'm sure that there will some problems, but don't have a lot of time now to run tests.
So am hoping that some of the community are willing to participate in that part. :cool:

cheers!
--
Wil

Sture
20-Nov-2019, 06:19 PM
Thanks Wil,

That will help me with some of my own library conversions :-)

-Sture

wila
20-Nov-2019, 07:41 PM
Sture,

Oh, that was a scenario I didn't even consider. In that case I suggest to look at the cFileSystem class as it is cleanest.

The reason I'm releasing this early is, obviously because of the need for testing (as I mentioned already), but also because people who already use one of those libraries and think they work (after all, "it compiles") and then will find out that the old versions do not function - at all.
Without the change over to widestring functionality things will work "funny".

FWIW.. The Hammer 4.0 now completely supports things like unicode filenames which is pretty cool.
Not possible with the old versions of the libraries (and various other changes of course)

No compiling in 64 bit though and not sure when I will add that :) I have to do normal work now, instead of play around more.
--
Wil

wila
28-Nov-2019, 05:05 PM
Forgot to mention at the top post.
These are patches for Unicode support, NOT for 64 bit.

Support for 64 bit is something that I still have to look into.

--
Wil

Sture
29-Nov-2019, 03:37 AM
Hi Wil,

ok, thank you,

I'll to take a look at it soon

-Sture

raveens
3-Dec-2019, 05:18 PM
Thanks, Wil