PDA

View Full Version : Data at Rest module in Learning Centre Appears to be Empty

Ianv
17-May-2019, 02:35 AM
I am mightily impressed by the Security Basics Learning Course and have been working my way through it. However, the "Data at Rest" module appears to be empty as it moves straight on to the next module. Any chance of fixing this?
Ian

Vincent Oorsprong
17-May-2019, 04:31 AM
Ian,

The site remembers your state (like other streaming channels do) and thus let you continue on the point where you stopped viewing. You can go the begin of this chapter by moving the slider on the timeline. If you finished close to the end of the video this might be difficult but for that you can pause the video, move the slider and play again.

We will add to our wishlist an option to see (in advance) how much you watched and an option to restart the episode.

Ianv
17-May-2019, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Vincent.
I had watched that Module previously, as you surmised. By clicking on it in the menu and then immediately clicking on the viewing pane, I have been able to see the progress bar and pull it back to the start.

It's a bit tedious but at least now I know. The nature of Learning Center videos is that most people would want to view some of the modules multiple times so I think it would be a good idea to implement your suggested fix ASAP. Which, of course, is a standard feature in most PVR's.

Thanks again,
Ian