PDA

View Full Version : Symantec found threat in webapp.exe from 19.1 Beta 1

LeonRaafs
14-Jan-2019, 04:06 AM
Hello,

After installing the new DataFlex 19.1 Beta 1 my virusscanner deleted a file because there was a threat found. See screenshots attached to this message.

Scanner is: Symantec endpoint protection Small Business Edition.

Any suggestions DataAccess?

Regards,

Leon Raafs

Peter van Mil
14-Jan-2019, 04:35 AM
Hi Leon,

I had the same issue with Avira.

Suggestion: turn off Antivirus during install and add WebApp.exe (or the whole application) to the exception list. Also report it to Symantec, so they can fix this false positive immediately :rolleyes:

LeonRaafs
14-Jan-2019, 04:39 AM
Peter,

Thanks for the tip, but excluding does not work. Symantec looks at a file signature and after compiling sees it as a new file, that is promptly deleted. I am in the process of reporting it to Symantec.

Symantec almost looks like ransomware, the only difference is that they are payed up front.

Regards,

Leon Raafs

Dennis Piccioni
14-Jan-2019, 12:00 PM
Hi Leon,

I've added my 19.1 folders to the exclude list for Norton's SONAR: Settings > Antivirus > Scans and Risks tab > Exclusions / Low Risks group > Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection.

LeonRaafs
15-Jan-2019, 03:15 AM
Hello Dennis,

Sadly enough my version does not have that feature (enabled). I am trying to get the file to technical support by symantec, so far whitout luck. Do you have any idea why the scanner sees this .exe as a threat, but not the other webapp.exe files?

Regards,

Leon Raafs