PDA

View Full Version : YAFR: Studio Reload File Option

Clive Richmond
18-Sep-2018, 03:26 AM
In some instances, the Studio’s automatic file change does not work.

In the example below, I had made a change to the file highlighted but not saved it.

I then continued to find all occurrences of the property I wanted to change (pbWeb_Service). It found the same file. I then saved the original file I was edited and had expected the 2nd file to automatically reload.

However, this did not occur and I believe the reason might be because the original file was opened via a relative path and the 2nd file, the result of the find, was opened using its absolute path (as shown by the tooltips).

In such occurrences it would be useful to have a file reload option.

DaveR
20-Sep-2018, 08:33 AM
I'll +1 this mostly because I hadn't previously come up with your answer, which would explain the only times I think I've seen this...

I'd prefer the Notepad++ or MultiEdit option though, which tells me the file I'm working on has been changed in another application and asks me if I want to reload.

I realise this is different from being changed by another window in the same app, but Notepad++ doesn't allow multiple concurrent edits, At least one version of Multiedit did (I don't have a 64-bit version to see if it still does)