PDA

View Full Version : About Embed Manifes File

Edgard
4-Sep-2018, 11:35 AM
Hi,

The parameter in Studio was great.

As I need to run my installer, with high rights, it would be possible in the future to have a parameter for this.

Is there a rabbit in the top hat to do this, without having to uncheck this new option and change the .manifest file to level = "requireAdministrator", making it embedded in .exe?

And when I change this parameter, I get the post-compilation error message:

Best Regards

Stephen W. Meeley
4-Sep-2018, 12:44 PM
Edgard,

You can edit any manifest file to change the level to requireAdministrator (instead of asInvoker) and it'll stay that way until and unless you set it to something else. That part has nothing to do with the option to embed (it's still using whatever manifest it finds in the AppSrc folder for that project). There are no plans to add an option for setting the level from the Studio at this time.

The current technique for embedding manifests can trigger behaviors with some real time virus scanners and we're working on changing that. In the meantime, turn off virus scanning in your workspace and you should be able to compile and link fine.

Edgard
4-Sep-2018, 02:55 PM
Okay, thanks for returning.

Just to note the client uses Kaspersky Lab.
My access is blocked, to remove this damn.
I hate antivírus.:mad:

Stephen W. Meeley
4-Sep-2018, 02:57 PM
This will only be temporary during Alpha - it needs to be solved before release.