PDA

View Full Version : Precompile required but does not help

Mike Peat
10-Aug-2018, 05:26 AM
Hi

I am getting an error compiling a program: "Changes detected in precompiled package, please precompile DFALLENT.PKG", however doing Precompile System Packages does not fix the problem.

Version is DF19.0.

I only wrote the program on Monday and didn't start having the issue until Thursday. I have not made any changes to the system packages that I am aware of (while debugging other things I have traced into them and may have inadvertently made a change, but to precompile them I had to run the Studio as Administrator, which I had not been doing up to that point, so it shouldn't have saved even accidental changes, IMO).

Any thoughts?

Mike

Nils G. Svedmyr
10-Aug-2018, 05:49 AM
Mike, probably to obvious for you - but did you start the Studio in Admin mode before attempting to precompile DFAllent.pkg? That is need I think as the code is under Program Files...

Mike Peat
10-Aug-2018, 06:56 AM
Nils

Thanks - yes, I did that, because it told me I had to.

I think there is a spurious version of DFAllEnt.pkg lurking in one of my library workspaces. Just got to track it down now... :(

Mike

Nils G. Svedmyr
10-Aug-2018, 06:58 AM
Oh yeah, now when you mention it - it does tell you that. Sorry for not being of more help. Happy hunting!

Clive Richmond
12-Aug-2018, 02:29 AM
Hi Mike,

I think there is a spurious version of DFAllEnt.pkg lurking in one of my library workspaces. Just got to track it down now... :(

I assume the program compiles if you skip the pre-compile?

When search for the rogue file don't forget the other files generated by the pre-compile in addition to the .prp (.fld, .pbg, .pdp, .pkd). The other thing I remember throwing a spanner in the works was accidentally pre-compiling a library.

Mike Peat
12-Aug-2018, 03:41 AM
Clive

No, it was attempting to compile that came up and told me I needed to precompile.

Worked it out now - a path I'd added to the workspace while working on another program had a spurious DFAllEnt precompile in it.

Mike

Clive Richmond
13-Aug-2018, 04:07 AM
Hi Mike,

Worked it out now - a path I'd added to the workspace while working on another program had a spurious DFAllEnt precompile in it.

Glad to hear it's sorted.