PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect move of 2 or more objects to the right with the arrow or Nudge Panel

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 08:43 AM
Hi,

Post 30 moves

Moving to the left is ok.

The symptom does not occur in certain objects.

I was able to reproduce in Inventory.

They could confirm this behavior in 19.1 A3.

Thank's

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure what you are reporting here.

I opened the inventory view, selected both Unit Price and On Hand and then used the arrow keys to move them right and left with no problem. I also used the Nudge Objects tool to move them right and left in various increments and it still seemed to work as expected. They stayed in their same relative position to each other even if I moved them far enough left or right that they were clipped by the container object. I did the same experiment in both 19.0 and 19.1. My test environment is Windows 10.

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 11:19 AM
Stepehn,

Hmmm. . .
Let's see:

1) 19.0 is ok.
2) I restarted my equipment.
3) Problem of moving 2 objects in the Inventory view, to the right persists in 19.1 A3. To the left is ok.
4) My keyboard is set: Portuguese (Brazil) - United States (international).
5) My colate.cfg = Portuguese
6) Have you selected the 2 objects: Unit Price and On Hand in the Inventory view, before moving?
(select individually is ok).

I am available, for more information if necessary.

Best regards

Edgard L. Paneque

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 11:28 AM

I opened the inventory view, selected both Unit Price and On Hand and then used the arrow keys to move them right and left with no problem. I also used the Nudge Objects tool to move them right and left in various increments and it still seemed to work as expected. They stayed in their same relative position to each other even if I moved them far enough left or right that they were clipped by the container object. I did the same experiment in both 19.0 and 19.1. My test environment is Windows 10.

I can reproduce it

Open Inventory View in Designer Mode
Click on Unit Price form to select
Ctrl Click on On Hand form to select
now use cursor right. Only the Unit Price form moves
now use cursor left. Both move but the On Hand form moves faster and eventually catches up to the Unit price form

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 11:34 AM

some weird stuff going on here. I thought it had to do with the anchors set in the two forms but even after removing them

just select the unit price form and move it to the right. After a while it stops and doesnt move any further

actually any form i try to move to the right stops t some point

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 11:51 AM
Thanks Michael

Yes, that's right.

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 12:28 PM

here is some more info

a form with a label will stop moving to the right at position 111
a form without a label will move to the right without stopping

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 12:39 PM
I have no idea what you guys are seeing. Just in case I had some sort of funky, post A3 build I uninstalled, downloaded A3 fresh, installed and started fresh...

Ran the Studio
Opened Order
Opened Inventory.vw (it's the only component opened) in designer mode
Selected Unit price form
Selected On hand form with Ctrl+
Both are selected
Held down right arrow key and watched both forms move right (until they were completely out of sight)
Held down the left arrow key and watched both forms move back into sight and then all the way left until they were completely out of sight
Held down the right arrow key until they came back into sight

So what is different???? Double monitors? Negative coordinates where the designer lives? Voodoo?

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 12:47 PM
Michael,

The label you are absolutely correct.
This is why the cDbCJGrid object works.
Position 111 depends on the location of the object:
oOrderHea_Ordered_By in Order was 299 up to 328 <> 29.

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 12:53 PM
Stephen,

I recorded a video on my mobile phone in MP4 and compressed but it is 97 kb so I can not attach.

I can try to send in some email if it helps, at least you will see the effect.

I'm on a DELL OptiFlex 3050 - Monitor at 1366 x 768.

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 01:06 PM
I have no idea what you guys are seeing. Just in case I had some sort of funky, post A3 build I uninstalled, downloaded A3 fresh, installed and started fresh...

Ran the Studio
Opened Order
Opened Inventory.vw (it's the only component opened) in designer mode
Selected Unit price form
Selected On hand form with Ctrl+
Both are selected
Held down right arrow key and watched both forms move right (until they were completely out of sight)
Held down the left arrow key and watched both forms move back into sight and then all the way left until they were completely out of sight
Held down the right arrow key until they came back into sight

So what is different???? Double monitors? Negative coordinates where the designer lives? Voodoo?

tried it on both screens. Its always 111 inside the parent so if the form lives in a container it will also move to 111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srr6MQcRqqE&feature=youtu.be

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 01:15 PM
Thank God you have Michael to save me!

You're in Florida so your numerical connotation is the same as Sthepen.

I'm using Kaspersky.

What do we have in common, which Sthepen does not have?

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 01:53 PM
Thank God you have Michael to save me!

You're in Florida so your numerical connotation is the same as Sthepen.

I'm using Kaspersky.

What do we have in common, which Sthepen does not have?

Strange. I tested it with several revisions of DF and it happens only in 19.1
My machine is a Lenovo P70 Laptop. Latop Screen is 4K and i use an external 32" 4K monitor. Happens on both screens and i also changed the resolution and scaling and it happens with any settings i tried.
Nothing strange installed Win 10 Pro 64

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 02:24 PM
Michael,

I don't see any of the behavior you have - but Dennis does. The main difference I can see so far is that he has two monitors (I only have one).

Edgard - do you have two monitors as well?

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 02:32 PM
It does not look like hardware.

Really nothing in common. . .

(Just enjoy the pleasure in the aero model, develop in Dataflex and be a man) :p.

Do not listen to other developers.
Only you and I are seeing the same.
I do not believe in vooodooo.
Stephen could send the Alpha 3 1/2 :D.
Maybe it solves and we do not have to look for egg hair.
If the problem persists, then Sephen will burn some hair looking for this error.:(

Edgard
24-Jul-2018, 02:36 PM
Do not . . .

Only one.

Standard Type Monitor - Dell TV800-753.

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 03:36 PM
I have now tried my own machine (Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.492) and a VM (Windows 10 Home, 1803, 17134.191) and I get the exact same, correct, behavior on both. I have a single monitor (NOT 4K) on most of the time but even when I turn on my notebook monitor (also NOT 4K) and use both it still works fine for me. Both environments have the as-published 19.1 A3 builds installed (I even downloaded them from the web just like everyone else).

Dennis has watched me test in Skype and can attest to what I'm reporting. I can also attest that when he shared his screen we saw the goofy behavior. He has two monitors (not sure if they are 4K or not).

Can other please try to reproduce this to see if they get the behavior or not? If you do see the bad behavior, please report specific details about the O/S version and environment.

Garret Mott
24-Jul-2018, 04:37 PM
I get the same issue Michael & Edgard see. Dell Laptop, single 17" 1080p screen - the laptop screen

Older Win10 Pro: Ver. 1511 OS Build 10586.1176

I need to update (it keeps nagging me), but I'd have to wipe the hard drive & start all over - so old version it is for now.

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 04:42 PM
I have now tried my own machine (Windows 10 Pro, 1709, 16299.492) and a VM (Windows 10 Home, 1803, 17134.191) and I get the exact same, correct, behavior on both. I have a single monitor (NOT 4K) on most of the time but even when I turn on my notebook monitor (also NOT 4K) and use both it still works fine for me. Both environments have the as-published 19.1 A3 builds installed (I even downloaded them from the web just like everyone else).

Dennis has watched me test in Skype and can attest to what I'm reporting. I can also attest that when he shared his screen we saw the goofy behavior. He has two monitors (not sure if they are 4K or not).

Can other please try to reproduce this to see if they get the behavior or not? If you do see the bad behavior, please report specific details about the O/S version and environment.Guessing it has to be some calculation issue. 0 to 111 is 112 positions which would make it 0x70 in hex. Not sure why the forms past that move faster to the left though. Just having a few cold ones but when i get backi can try disconnecting my screen and also test some more machines

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

raveens
24-Jul-2018, 04:44 PM
Hi,

I can confirm I'm seeing the same issue as Edgard & Michael reported, using DF19.1 A3

Windows 8.1 Pro

bluelight20
24-Jul-2018, 04:46 PM
Hi Stephen,

I see the same issue as the others does. I am on

Machine specs are:
- Windows 8.1 Pro 6.3.9600 Build 9600
- 2x 23 inch HP P232 as landscape (DF Studio is on one of these monitors)
- 1x 24 inch Samsung S24E650 as Portrait

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 05:09 PM
To everyone who sees the strange behavior - please report the resolution of your monitor and DPI setting.

I'm at 1920 x 1200 and 125% and I don't see the issue.

Stephen W. Meeley
24-Jul-2018, 05:21 PM
Ah ha!

It only happens on my machine when I run at 100%, not 125% or 150%.

My guess is that everyone who is seeing it is also running at 100%.

We'll fix this for the next Alpha.

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 05:29 PM
To everyone who sees the strange behavior - please report the resolution of your monitor and DPI setting.

I'm at 1920 x 1200 and 125% and I don't see the issue.I did test it at 2K as well but not lower. Later i can try lower resolutions

starzen
24-Jul-2018, 05:30 PM
Dont think this is it. My main screen is 4k at 100% my secondary is 4k at 125%. Happens on both
Ah ha!

It only happens on my machine when I run at 100%, not 125% or 150%.

My guess is that everyone who is seeing it is also running at 100%.

We'll fix this for the next Alpha.

Garret Mott
24-Jul-2018, 05:55 PM
I'm at 1920x1080 - 100%

Samuel Pizarro
24-Jul-2018, 09:41 PM
There might be something else Stephen.
I performed several tests. I believe last one is conclusive but I will share all tests and results anyway.

Win10 Pro version 1803
DF 19.1 A3

1st test:
Second (auxiliary) monitor, but main display is off. (Show only on 2)
Second monitor is using negative positions (left side of main one)
4K resolution 3840 x 2160 (native)
100%, 125% and 150% DPI
Result: FAILS, move does not work properly as reported!

I just closed DF Studio before changing display settings and reopened it to perform the test again!
I did not perform windows 'sign out'

2nd Test:
Only using main monitor (show only on 1). 2nd monitor connected but not used. windows configured to display only on main monitor.
2K resolution 2560 x 1440 (native)
100%, 125% and 150% DPI

Again, just closing DF between display settings changes. Did not 'sign out'.

3rd Test:
Only using main monitor (show only on 1), 2nd monitor connected but not used. windows configured to display only on main monitor.
FHD resolution 1920 x 1080
100%, 125% and 150% DPI

4th Test: here I decided to fully disconnect the 2nd montior andn run only on main one!
2nd monitor disconnected. Only main monitor.
FHD resolution 1920 x 1080
100%, 125% and 150% DPI

So, until now, everything was failing, as michael reported. So I started to look what else I was missing..
When I noticed a warning yellow message on windows Display settings dialog saying
'Some apps won't respond to scaling changes until you sign out.'

So I decided to perform a sign out, between each DPI or resolution change...

5th test:
2nd monitor disconnected. Only main monitor.
2k resolution 2560 x 1440 (native)
100% : Fails
125% and 150% DPI : Works ok. No move error!

The changes were made on this order.. from 100 to 125 and then to 150, performing a 'sign out' between them.

So, the key difference is if you sign out or not... It looks DF is one of those apps that do not properly respond to online DPI changes,
despite it 'looks like' when executed (every thing is scaled properly visually), but for some reason when changing positions, it does not get it right!

And now, The interesting part! On previous, 100% was failing right ?

So, I was on 150%, and it worked, that was my last test. So I changed it back to 100%, and did NOT 'sing out' this time, and voila ! No error at 100% anymore.
The movement worked as I did not perform a 'sing out' operation between the changes. But it last until you sing out. once you log off and login back again, it start to face the issue at 100% again.

Michael, can you confirm if you performed a sign out between your tests ?

Hope this help!

Regards

Hans van de Laar
25-Jul-2018, 02:11 AM
+1

Windows 7.0 pro.
Using 2 monitors: 1920 x 1200 and 1600 x 1200 (both set at 100%)

Ian Smith
25-Jul-2018, 03:28 AM
I’m in Voodoo land with Stephen!! Works fine for me.

I can get the controls to move right completely beyond the container edge (no longer visible) and then move left, again until they are no longer visible.

Test on all three monitors, closing the Studio each time.

VDF 19.1.46
Studio 19.1.41.0

Monitor 3 100% (Recommended) / 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) 22” HDMI - Main
Monitor 2 100% (Recommended) / 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) 22” VGA
Monitor 1 125% (Recommended) / 1920 x 1080 (Recommended) Laptop screen

Focus
25-Jul-2018, 03:57 AM
If you set your laptop to 100% too I suspect you will see it

I have a laptop 1366x768 and a HD monitor 1920x1080

If I have the laptop set at 100% and my 2nd HD screen set at 125% and I don't see the problem but if I set it to 100% I do

Windows is not terribly good at coping with different DPI scaling on different monitors and tends to pick one to work with

I blame the person who said the DPI scaling was 'out' in 19.0 ......

Focus
25-Jul-2018, 04:22 AM
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/09/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15002-pc/#B4p617eIRYORoHM1.97

Ian Smith
25-Jul-2018, 05:54 AM
Hi Andrew

I think I’ll apply the adage If it ain’t broke…

Microsoft’s policy of continual “improvement” appears to be getting worst.

Off topic but may be useful to others – wasted several hours on this

MS Word
Duplex document – so different odd and even pages (headers, footers, margins, etc)
Add a table to an odd page and you can use the mouse to adjust the column widths (click and drag).
Add a table to an even page and you can NOT use the mouse to adjust the column widths (click and drag).

Workaround – add a page break to force the table on to an odd page, adjust, remove page break

Edgard
25-Jul-2018, 09:35 AM
I agree with Focus. . .
Ah Aha Ah. . .
But Microsoft is also to blame.

I ran new tests on my good old Notebook (HP Pavilion 2080)
- Intel Graphics Card (Radeon does not work on Windows 10)
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 - Text Size: 100% and 125% (Error Persist)
- Connect the output of the DB9 notebook to a monitor TV LG 22LS4R - Maximum Resolution: 1680 x 1050 - Text Size: 100%, 125% and 150% (Error Persist)

But voodoo, which exists with Stephen and Ian should be as follows:
1) Windows Settings
2) Video
3) Advanced Scale Settings
4) Enable: Correct Scaling for Applications

Voalá. . .

At resolution above 100% the problem does not occur.

But the error persists at 100%.

Confirm this, to help Stephen.

Regards

Edgard L. Paneque

Stephen W. Meeley
25-Jul-2018, 03:21 PM
FYI for everyone, this has been found and fixed for the next Alpha.

It was actually a strange side effect of the combination of the changes we made in scaling and some special code the designer uses to render controls (which has to do conversions from GUI to dialog units and back to GUI). No voodoo, the math had to be just right for the controls to appear "stuck".

Onward!

Edgard
13-Aug-2018, 06:15 AM
Hi Stephen,

It's ok on 19.1 Alpha 4 - Thanks.