PDA

View Full Version : Linking Errors

Clive Richmond
20-Jul-2018, 08:57 AM
Using the standalone compiler I get these errors.

13762>
LINK ERROR: END UPDATE RESOURCE FAILED
LINK ERROR: UNABLE TO ADD THE DF-IMAGE
Summary
Memory Available: 2147483646
Total Warnings : 42
Total Errors : 2
Total Symbols : 14987
Total Resources: 0
Total Commands : 13761
Total Windows : 0
Total Pages : 0
Static Data : 185592
Message area : 70946
Total Blocks : 7862
2 ERRORS HAVE BEEN FOUND.

What does these messages mean? And how do I fix them?

DataFlex 19.1-a3

Stephen W. Meeley
20-Jul-2018, 09:06 AM
I think it has to do with embedding the manifest files. Check to see how the project.cfg file has this...

EmbedManifestFile=1

...and if it's 1, make sure the manifest file is in the AppSrc folder (not Programs).

Clive Richmond
20-Jul-2018, 10:45 AM
Hi Stephen,

EmbedManifestFile=1

...and if it's 1, make sure the manifest file is in the AppSrc folder (not Programs).

I've checked the above, which are as you have described, but I am still getting the errors. Testing was also done in the Studio and not using the complier via the OS command line.

It's late here so will put this aside until tomorrow.

Focus
20-Jul-2018, 10:59 AM
Doesn't help much but a thread on this here

https://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?62828-Link-error-Unable-to-add-the-df-image

Clive Richmond
25-Jul-2018, 01:46 AM
Hi Andrew,

https://support.dataaccess.com/Forums/showthread.php?62828-Link-error-Unable-to-add-the-df-image

Thanks for the link. Some useful things to try.

Clive Richmond
25-Jul-2018, 02:18 AM
Hi Stephen,

I've checked the above, which are as you have described, but I am still getting the errors. Testing was also done in the Studio and not using the complier via the OS command line.

It's late here so will put this aside until tomorrow.

I am still seeing this problem. After reading the thread Andrew recommended the only thing that did work was disabling my anti-virus (Trend).

The only pattern I can come up with is these programs are very small compared to other programs that compile successfully. So, perhaps because they do compile quickly the anti-virus 'thinks' something bad is happening. We have seen a similar issue when doing bulk deletes from the user's temp folder (%TEMP%). Trend jumps in and kills our application. This is something we have logged with Trend and following up.