PDA

View Full Version : Basic Report?

Garret Mott
8-Jun-2018, 10:37 AM
Hi -

I have hundreds of errors on "Display", "SubTotal", etc. used in BasicReports.

I tried adding:

Use OldDfAllEnt.pkg
Use cWinReport2.pkg
Use Dfwinrpt.pkg

But to no avail. What file(s) should I add back in to get these commands? In 19, goto definition on Display & Subtotal took me to either of the rpt packages.

Also - anyone else running into already defined errors in globmemory.pkg & attempt to redefine integer in cli.pkg?

TIA

Todd Forsberg
8-Jun-2018, 10:52 AM
Use OldFMACCommands.pkg

Stephen W. Meeley
8-Jun-2018, 10:54 AM
Garret,

The obsolete commands were moved to OldFMACCommand.pkg and the obsolete classes were moved to OldDFAllEnt.pkg.

From the What's New...

Read this before attempting to compile your application.
One of the important changes in DataFlex 19.1 is that we have provided a way for you to clean up some of your old code. This is an optional process and is mostly handled through a new warning system. Your old applications will continue to run the same. There are some cases where your existing application may generate compiler errors. These are easily addressed.
If you receive compile errors, it will be for one of three reasons:

You are using some very old commands that have been removed from the basic command set (i.e., these commands have finally been removed from fmac. They have been moved to OldFmacCommands.pkg.
You are using some classes that are obsolete and have been removed from DFAllent.pkg. These classes still exist and may still be used. They can be added individually as needed or added by using the OldDFAllent.pkg package.
The compiler is better detecting and reporting errors. This is always a good thing. The most likely error is a redefinition of a symbol via the Define command. This has never worked and until now it has just silently done the wrong thing. This is a real error.

Therefore, if see compiler errors, do the following:

If needed, add a “Use OldFmacCommands.pkg” to the top of your application.
If needed, add a “Use OldDfAllEnt.pkg” immediately following the current “Use DfAllent.pkg”
Fix those other real compiler errors.

So your project will have a starting block that looks like this...
Use DFAllent.pkg
Use OldDFAllent.pkg
Use OldFmacCommands.pkg
And then as time permits:

See if you can remove the need for OldFmacCommands.pkg. These are very old commands that may not even be working.
See if you can remove some of the old obsolete classes. This might be a longer term project.

Once you have your applications compiling and running properly, you are now ready for the next level of code cleanup by using the new compiler warning system.

Garret Mott
10-Jun-2018, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys! Shoulda figured that they were commands...

Stephen W. Meeley
26-Jun-2018, 08:52 AM
Garret,

Subtotal has been moved back to FMAC in Alpha 3.

Garret Mott
26-Jun-2018, 09:17 AM
Thanks!