PDA

View Full Version : cProgressBar warning (19.1 testing)

Sture
3-Jun-2018, 10:32 AM
Look what can be found in cProgressBar.pkg:

Else Forward Send Page_Object iState

(missing ; abd linebreak)

-Sture

Nils G. Svedmyr
4-Jun-2018, 03:08 AM
Hi Sture,

Yes I saw that too and told John T about it in Edinburgh. He said it was a glitch and that there can be a few more of that sort.

Edgard
4-Jun-2018, 06:52 AM
Leveraging the topic. . .

As we are talking about version 19.1, (not everyone has the privilege of a pre-test, before launch, then I mean until 19.0 ;)).

There is restriction on use:

Object oProgressBar is a cProgressBar

Being contained within other objects, such as:

Object oCTDG0080 is a ModalPanel?

Since VDF6 (XP post) and even before cProgressBar, if focus is lost, (user click or windows processing), it results in freezing the bar.

This causes the user to click on the panel, which then displays the message:

Program is not responding. . . But he is.

In this case, it is a system installation module, (I go against all others, who use other means).
What I mean is that this command for me has never functioned properly, since the activity bar should show a process progress and not freeze while they are being performed, for example:
Copies of files or manipulation to records.

The activity reappears, if I keep monitoring the mouse position and once, that it reaches x%, I display a dumb message:
Get YesnoCancel_Box ("Do not move the mouse or perform another task, \ n" +;
"until the installation is complete \ n" +;
"commit display of progress. \ n \ n" +;
"You want to continue receiving this warning, or you want \ n" +;
"CANCEL this installation?") ("Detected + from" * (String (iPerc)) * "% of mouse movement!") To iRet

After the focus return, progressbar returns to work as it should.

wila
4-Jun-2018, 07:51 AM
Leveraging the topic. . .

As we are talking about version 19.1, (not everyone has the privilege of a pre-test, before launch, then I mean until 19.0 ;)).

DAW likes some users better than others...

Now I know that that isn't the case and that it was a bonus to give to attendees of EDUC, but it does STILL send out that message ...

I'd say either test in private OR give everybody access.

(and no I also did not attend EDUC)
--
Wil

Harm Wibier
4-Jun-2018, 08:17 AM
DAW likes some users better than others...
That is true.. ;)

But that is not the reason why we did it like this. We had hoped to do a full release before EDUC but did not make it. We did feel that having the EDUC attendees being able to work with 19.1 and provide direct feedback on what we presented, was worth providing them a sneak preview. And rewarding people for showing up at our conferences was a nice benefit.

We are working hard to make 19.1 Alpha available to all of you as soon as possible.

Peter van Mil
4-Jun-2018, 08:43 AM
Hi Wil,

I was completely surprised, that the Alpha wasn't released on Friday before the EDUC at 5pm :rolleyes:. But like Harm said, the Alpha is a little premature for an Alpha. Still it was good to see (at the EDUC) what the effect from code cleanup is. Have a little patience or contact your friends at DAW.

Sture
4-Jun-2018, 01:27 PM
I didn't catch that this was pre-alpha. I just thought it was the regular alpha.

Well, as long as I got it :-)

Mike Peat
4-Jun-2018, 01:38 PM
Used to beta test, then alpha test... now pre-alpha test... need to know the Greek letter that comes before alpha! ;)

wila
4-Jun-2018, 01:58 PM
For me personally it would be OK if I wasn't already getting bug reports / suggestions for about a week for published libraries used in a DataFlex version that I don't have. :p

But if there is reports about it here in public then it isn't about me anymore, other people will want to see what DF 19.1 is about, which is why I mentioned that it would have been better to have kept it in private, EVEN if it was shared with all EDUC attendees.
--
Wil

Sture
4-Jun-2018, 02:32 PM
I understand and agree whole heartedly with you, Wil.

I too have to keep published libraries afloat, which is why I am sorry that I did not understand it was a "sneak preview" of the alpha. I am sure it was said but I didn't hear it.

ok?

Nils G. Svedmyr
6-Jun-2018, 09:39 AM
...still there in Alpha 2

Stephen W. Meeley
26-Jun-2018, 08:59 AM
Sture,

This is fixed in Alpha 3.

Nils G. Svedmyr
26-Jun-2018, 10:17 AM
I can confirm that the problem is now gone, thanks.