PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Viewports/Views on the one page

Ianv
14-Feb-2018, 10:46 PM
We are developing a Wordpress site which uses both Angular views and DF views (via DF4WP). We would like to load several DF views from the same work space on the browser page at the same time by loading each one into its own viewport. All the views are using the same DF engine WebApp object. This appears to be working on test but I wonder if there are likely to be unforeseen consequences down the road.

Ian

Mike Peat
15-Feb-2018, 03:02 AM
Hmm

To be frank, Ian, I actually don't know. Off hand I would say that if it works, it works. I can't think anything ATM that would cause problems, but the only thing I would do is to test it to see if any problems emerged.

So short answer, while this was not an intended usage of the plugin, I don't know of anything wrong with it.

Perhaps Harm might be able to see potential issues. There is nothing very special about it being in WordPress, AFAIK (the plugin just injects what would normally be in your Index.html into the WordPress page body). Multiple viewports on the same page, Harm? Any thoughts?

Mike

Ianv
16-Feb-2018, 11:29 PM
Thanks Mike,
Hopefully Harm will come in too, at some stage.

Ian