PDA

View Full Version : Wrong character

nextsw
4-Feb-2018, 10:46 AM
We installed the DAI on Windows Server 2012 R2 op.sys.
In the report we get not hungarian character.
In the html header is charset=iso-8859-1, this isn't hungarian charset.
How can I change the charset to iso-8859-2?

best regards
Géza Michaletzky
NEXT Software Ltd.

Bob Cergol
5-Feb-2018, 08:54 AM
Hi Geza,

Dynamic AI supports 9 languages, 2 of which can be specified on the System, Setup tab page. Then the language for each user can be specified on the account tab in user profile. The default language is English. Hungarian is one of the choices available to you. FYI, in data dictionaries you can also enter translations for the database column names for the other two selected languages.

Regards,
Bob

Language defaults on installation of Dynamic is English, Deutsch, and Dansk.

nextsw
5-Feb-2018, 09:44 AM
I set the language to Hungarian, but characters are same wrong.

Bob Cergol
5-Feb-2018, 01:57 PM
I'll have to research this, but won't have time today. You've been using Dynamic AI in Hungary for many years so why do you think this is all of a sudden a problem? The product has not changed in this regard. Maybe browser or Windows settings?
-Bob

nextsw
5-Feb-2018, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately this has been a mistake so far. However, one user now strongly advocates this.

Géza

Bob Cergol
5-Feb-2018, 06:03 PM
Geza,

I checked with Cintac and they suggest this might have to do with something server-side other than Dynamic AI, and doubt that somehow forcing charset=iso-8859-2 won't accomplish what you want. Perhaps it has something to do with the database driver being used.

You could test setting some Double-Byte encoding options in report design in case there is some odd interaction with Dynamic AI and the database driver or other server-side O/S component. On the Options tab page in 'Owner Rights' block on lower left is a check box for 'Double-Byte encoding' and also on 'Form Details' tab the 'Type' column for the columns offers an 'encode double byte' options.

Let us know if any of this helps.

Regards,
Bob

nextsw
6-Feb-2018, 05:02 PM
this problem is solved with double byte encoding
Thanks for help

Géza Michaletzky